Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you can set it to recognize multiple phones, but can both phones be connected at the same time? I have not been able to find it in the manual, and we had problems getting both to be synced at the same time.

Any help is appreciated!

·
Registered
218 Posts
I also can pair many different devices with the car, but it always will ask something along the lines of 'do you want to connect to this device after you disconnect from the current one?' when i want to switch.

Unfortunately i don't think it is smart enough to do that... but then again, if it is able to, i still have not found any way to do it. I don't get the impression that it is able to do such a thing.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know you can set it to recognize multiple phones, but can both phones be connected at the same time? I have not been able to find it in the manual, and we had problems getting both to be synced at the same time.

Any help is appreciated!
If I understand your question properly the answer is NO you cannot have multiple devices "connected" at the same. That is not how Bluetooth works. With Bluetooth, a dedicated communication link is made between 2 devices, sharing an agreed upon pass-code.

You can have multiple devices "Paired" at the same time, which is when a connection agreement is made between them, so that each time they are in close proximity then a connection can be established between each other.

In our car, we have 4 devices paired, and my wife's is set to priority, so when we all get in the car, her phone connects. if the priority device is not present, it does not seem to auto-connect, but you can connect at anytime. Pairing on the other hand must only be done when the vehicle is stopped, that is not a Bluetooth thing, but a Hyundai limitation they have setup, probably for safety liability reasons.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do understand where you are trying to go with that, but I have been in several cars with Bluetooth that have multiple connections at the same time where if I get a call I can answer through Bluetooth and then later in that same drive the wife could also get a call and answer through Bluetooth as well without disconnecting mine. Just doesn't sound like this is the case with the radio in the limited.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd love to be able to connect both my work and personal phone at the same time too, but dont see it as a possibility for the HSH.

According to BT standards, you can get up to 7 devices connected to a host at once, although its more practical to have less (or else the bandwidth is split too much), but I believe it has to be proper programming or maybe a different BT chip.

·
Registered
802 Posts
It is a limitation in the BT chipset. Most BT chipsets only connect to one device at a time. While the ability to do more is included in the BT standard, most car systems cheap out and only do single connections. As far as I can tell, this is true of the Hyundai systems as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts