Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAVE A NEW 2011 SONATA WITH NAV UNIT. SEEMS THAT AFTER PAIRING WITH EITHER PHONES THAT WE HAVE, IT WILL CONNECT SOMETIMES OR SAY "UNAVAILABLE". FOUND OUT BY TURNING ON THE KEY AND WAITING FOR ABOUT 45 SEC. - THE PHONE AND NAV UNTI WILL SAY CONNECTED. BUT ABOUT 1/4 th OF THE TIME WHEN YOU SAY "PHONE", IT SAYS "UNAVAILABLE". ANYBODY HAVE THAT PROBLEM?

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Why are you yelling? By not using caps you will generate more good will.

And without phone model/brand you are not going to get a whole lot of useful responses.

My Bluetooth phone works perfectly fine. However I have the Bluetooth on the phone all the time. When I turn the Bluetooth on while in the car I have to reconnect the phone.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not sure what kind of phone/service you have, but I just recently got a Samsung Fascinate on Verizon. My old iPhone would connect automatically everytime I got in (as long as bluetooth was when I got in) and started the vehicle without needing any additional prodding. The Fascinate will connect, but I have to take the phone out and go into the menus and hit "connect." It's a minor issue, but nothing major and hopefully something that could be fixed with the 2.2 upgrade on my phone.

·
Registered
52 Posts
One thing I've noticed is that each time I get in the car, the bluetooth tries to syncronize the car's phonebook with the one on the phone. If you have a lot of contacts (and I do), this takes a minute or two, during which time the phone is unavailable. After that, it should work normally.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (Ric Crouch @ Oct 9 2010, 12:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362229
One thing I've noticed is that each time I get in the car, the bluetooth tries to syncronize the car's phonebook with the one on the phone. If you have a lot of contacts (and I do), this takes a minute or two, during which time the phone is unavailable. After that, it should work normally.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife and I are using the Blackberry 9700. Pairing was a cinch for both phones. However, when we return to the vehicle (phone BT on) and start the car, all of a sudden we hear " pairing failed, pairing failed". This continues until either the car is turned off, or fighting the phone constantly displaying " waiting for Sonata", and turning off the BT on the phone. I did check the list of compatible phones on the Hyundai website, and the 9700 os not listed. A matter of fact, no phones in or after late 2009 are listed. I find this a little bothersome. Most folks get to upgrade a phone every two years. It's sad to think that one would have to keep an obsolete phone just so it works well the 2011 Sonata. I wonder if there's an OS upgrade avail for the Sonata's bluetooth system?

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Gary2011 @ Oct 10 2010, 08:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362496
My wife and I are using the Blackberry 9700. Pairing was a cinch for both phones. However, when we return to the vehicle (phone BT on) and start the car, all of a sudden we hear " pairing failed, pairing failed". This continues until either the car is turned off, or fighting the phone constantly displaying " waiting for Sonata", and turning off the BT on the phone. I did check the list of compatible phones on the Hyundai website, and the 9700 os not listed. A matter of fact, no phones in or after late 2009 are listed. I find this a little bothersome. Most folks get to upgrade a phone every two years. It's sad to think that one would have to keep an obsolete phone just so it works well the 2011 Sonata. I wonder if there's an OS upgrade avail for the Sonata's bluetooth system?
I have Blackberry curve 8530 and I have the same problem. Pairing Fail... Pairing fail... and there is nothing you can do to stop it other than turning the ignition off and disabling the bluetooth on your phone. It is very annoying when it starts telling you that the pairing failed when you are on a highway where you can not stop the car and turn the ignition off to correct the problem. Frustrating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Regarding "pairing failed, pairing failed": Try going into the bluetooth settings on your phone and disabling the encryption. It worked for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (GAK @ Nov 2 2010, 12:53 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368408
Regarding "pairing failed, pairing failed": Try going into the bluetooth settings on your phone and disabling the encryption. It worked for me.
Unfortunately didn't work for me. Thx tho.

Me and the wifes at&t blackberry curve 8900 is on the list of compatible phones but does NOT stay connected. Works the first time but if it idles for a minute or 2 or if the engine is started or stopped it disco's and i get "pairing failed". 3 techs and i tried to figure it out yesterday and they were stumped. One techs 5yr old flip fone worked and stayed paired and even reconnected when he walked away and came back. I might try calling hyundai or rim and see what they say.

·
Hyundai-Forums.com Vendor
369 Posts
QUOTE (misterE @ Nov 3 2010, 03:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368709
Unfortunately didn't work for me. Thx tho.

Me and the wifes at&t blackberry curve 8900 is on the list of compatible phones but does NOT stay connected. Works the first time but if it idles for a minute or 2 or if the engine is started or stopped it disco's and i get "pairing failed". 3 techs and i tried to figure it out yesterday and they were stumped. One techs 5yr old flip fone worked and stayed paired and even reconnected when he walked away and came back. I might try calling hyundai or rim and see what they say.

I always wondered who stole my other username on forums etc. Guess its more popular than I thought lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts