Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, been a minute!

So, I find this pretty annoying issue frequently happening to me... I start a call outside of the car (off of course) with Bluetooth enabled on my phone. I get in the car, start it up and let the head unit load. My call pops up on screen with a message saying "switch to handsfree?". Click yes, NOTHING happens. For the remainder of the engine being on, it will refuse to allow calls thru the head unit. Does anyone else have this issue? Maybe it's my phone... I hope my 700$ phone isn't the issue or else Google's gonna get a lengthy email only to tell me to contact car manufacturer (y'know, the endless cycle of blame). Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV
29 Posts
Hey all, been a minute!

So, I find this pretty annoying issue frequently happening to me... I start a call outside of the car (off of course) with Bluetooth enabled on my phone. I get in the car, start it up and let the head unit load. My call pops up on screen with a message saying "switch to handsfree?". Click yes, NOTHING happens. For the remainder of the engine being on, it will refuse to allow calls thru the head unit. Does anyone else have this issue? Maybe it's my phone... I hope my 700$ phone isn't the issue or else Google's gonna get a lengthy email only to tell me to contact car manufacturer (y'know, the endless cycle of blame). Thanks in advance!

So based on your signature, I'm guessing you have a Pixel 2. I actually started experiencing this issue in my 2016 PHEV as well. It never happened with my Galaxy S7 Edge, but when I got my Pixel 2, it happens all the time. I haven't been able to fix it, definitely very frustrating. So I try to avoid being on a call BEFORE I get into the car and wait until after when everything has been connected.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So based on your signature, I'm guessing you have a Pixel 2. I actually started experiencing this issue in my 2016 PHEV as well. It never happened with my Galaxy S7 Edge, but when I got my Pixel 2, it happens all the time. I haven't been able to fix it, definitely very frustrating. So I try to avoid being on a call BEFORE I get into the car and wait until after when everything has been connected.
Dammit... Why did we pay 700$ for a phone that can't interface with a cars Bluetooth correctly

·
Registered
23 Posts
When I purchased my car, I had a Nexus 6P which initially transferred calls to hands free but eventually it stopped and since then I have moved to a Pixel XL and the feature still doesn't work. The iPhones work perfectly fine though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts