Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anybody else has had my problem. Paired both my phone and my wife's since new, and wy wife's worked perfectly. Mine made and received calls, but could never dial from the phonebook. And it's still the same way today with my phone, but the system doesn't stop downloading my wife's phonebook now, saying 'connection complete' every freaking minute. And phone is frozen, can't make or receive calls, and can't be turned off until car is turned off. Deleted car from phone and viceversa, repaired them again, and same problem. Same phone, and there're no settings that can be changed. Was working perfectly before, including making calls from the directory (something I still can't do).

What the **** went wrong? Both are Samsungs (basic ones), but different models. Is there a TSB for this? Is there a module separate from the headunit that can be reflashed? Need to take the car for both the steering and tranny reflashing, and would like to take care of this problem. We're also due for new phones next month, so could wait and see if new phones work better. Advice appreciated. Hope everybody had a great weekend.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Similar issue here. I have a samsung highlight and was working perfectly fine in the car for 4-5 months and then one day talking to my sister the call just cut off. Now everytime I try to make a call through the car it tells me to make sure phone is connected (and it is showing it is connected via the NAV screen). Had the dealership take a look at it when I went in for the steering recall and the tech. synched his phone (a blackberry) to my car and it was working fine. So they tell me it is my phone. No problem I'll get another phone but I'm still months away from a free one from t-mobile but that's another story.
One of my co-workers has the same car as me (SE no NAV though). So I ask him if I can synch my phone to his car and guess what, it worked just fine. So now I don't know what to think. Is it my phone or my car??? I also synched my brothers phone (a t-mobile tap) to my car and his seemed to work fine.
So for now I have been using my bluetooth ear piece for now and waiting to get a new phone. Isn't technology great (sarcasm)??? So elp if your dealer comes up with a fix I would love to hear what their solution is. Good luck.
I don't remember where I read this but something about samsung phones not having a great bluetooth so maybe it is our phones.

·
Registered
486 Posts
My 3GS iPhone Locked-up and showed on the NAV screen "Updating Contacts" for 2-3 Days whenever I added New Contacts.
Contacts were not available to use from NAV screen via Bluetooth til it finally Updated.
Apple Software Ver 4.1 FIXED that issue so it WAS THE PHONE software.

Contact Samsung Sppt and at least see what they say.
IS your Software Up-to-Date?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (CraigS26 @ Nov 22 2010, 09:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=373829
IS your Software Up-to-Date?
You know what? Now that you mention that, I remember when I bought the phone the sales guy told me to often dial '*' something, then 'send', precisely for that purpose. Will call Verizon, ask them for the code, and report back. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any word?

Have the repeating "Connection Complete" issue with my wife's phone and our Santa Fe. Also a Samsung phone. Though she's able to make and receive calls, and can turn her phone off to stop the annoying repetition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having a similar problem, phone, also a samsung, will connect, but then freeze up while continually ringing, however you cannot answer the incoming call. Once phone is paired, anytime the phone syncs up it automatically says incoming call and keeps ringing until the phone is disconnected. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts