Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Santa Fe 2013 Navigation w/bluetooth paired with an iPhone 5 mutes the radio/cd/sat even when I am talking on a private conversation, NOT handsfree. So, if I have a 30 minute private conversation, the passenger in my car cannot listen to anything on the radio. Does this mean I have to turn the bluetooth on & off to fix this? Is there a setting I can change? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8 Posts
In most countries now it is illegal to drive whilst holding a phone to your ear so I guess they make things like this on purpose. In which case there is probably no workaround.

·
Registered
756 Posts
There is a setup option were you can give priority to phone, radio, navigation. In you case, if I understand ok, you would need to set higher priority to the radio than phone.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The only way to fix the issue is to turn the bluetooth off on your phone

·
Registered
237 Posts
The only way to fix the issue is to turn the bluetooth off on your phone
Not correct. You don't have to turn off the Bluetooth function of your phone. I have an Iphone 5 and a Santa Fe with Nav. If I am on call using the Bluetooth through the Nav system and I want to change to the handset, there is an audio source button on the Iphone. When you click on it, it gives you the option to use the handset. When you press that button, the call disconnects from the Nav, and goes to the handset. When I do that, the radio and/or voice navigation comes on. I don't need to do anything else or press any other buttons. If I want to put the call back though the Bluetooth, I do the same thing. Click on audio source on the Iphone, and then click on the Santa Fe connection. Call disconnects from handset and goes back through the Nav.

Maybe the part that people are missing is that you have to change between Bluetooth and handset on the Iphone itself, not on the Nav unit. It is super simple. Literally 2 taps to select where you want your call to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts