Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am aware that the car come equipped with bluetooth, i was wondering if it can also read your text messages or if it will alert you if you have a text....or does this have to do with the phone itself? I have an LG envy 3 if it matters.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Bluetooth function doesn't allow the car to read your texts, but it does signal you that you have received a text. But I'm an iphone user so not really sure how it would be for your phone.

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (jdugan4859 @ Jul 22 2010, 06:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344018
How does yours notify you of text messages. Mine dosn't do anything when I get a text, and I also have an iPhone.
Not sure how Rayosis has it working, but I know if I am streaming bluetooth music and I get a text, it alerts me with whatever iPhone text message alert I am using.

·
Registered
505 Posts
QUOTE (Ayces @ Jul 22 2010, 09:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344027
Not sure how Rayosis has it working, but I know if I am streaming bluetooth music and I get a text, it alerts me with whatever iPhone text message alert I am using.
Yeah thats the only time I hear mine is when I am in stream mode. For now I use the XM, and listen to some local radio.

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE (jdugan4859 @ Jul 22 2010, 09:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344030
Yeah thats the only time I hear mine is when I am in stream mode. For now I use the XM, and listen to some local radio.

Exactly, I too hear my iphone beep when I get a text or email, but only when I'm streaming music; whether it's the USB cable or Bluetooth. One thing I noticed that I do like is MapQuest has a free, turn by turn, nav app that it will cut in while I'm listening to music to give me direction updates. It actually lowers the volume of the music then brings it back up when it's done.. Pretty cool. I have a portable Blaupunkt GPS that I don't even use anymore now that my iphones streams to my car. ...Cool stuff!

·
Registered
47 Posts
QUOTE (Doc_V @ Jul 22 2010, 10:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344051
Exactly, I too hear my iphone beep when I get a text or email, but only when I'm streaming music; whether it's the USB cable or Bluetooth. One thing I noticed that I do like is MapQuest has a free, turn by turn, nav app that it will cut in while I'm listening to music to give me direction updates. It actually lowers the volume of the music then brings it back up when it's done.. Pretty cool. I have a portable Blaupunkt GPS that I don't even use anymore now that my iphones streams to my car. ...Cool stuff!
Hmm sorry everyone, I should have been more specific. I'm on the same boat with you guys. I just assumed it would work even if I'm not streaming music (I usually listen to my iphone only). So yep! I only hear the tone when I'm listening to music. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm actually sitting at the dealer as they try to track down my dash rattle. My sales guy just told me his wife has the base model 2013 GT and got a text last night and the blue link lady voice came on and asked if she wanted to have the text read to her and if she wanted to reply. Don't know what kind of phone it is but it's not an iPhone he said.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I don't mean to highjack but thought I would throw in my 2 cents about the iPhone.

You get in, your phone pairs to the car and off you go. Radio set to AM/FM/XM. You get a text message but no sounds. Darn it! With your phone in "sleep mode" (screen off); double tap the home button.

There you will see on the screen a little box with an arrow (airplay)

Tap that and hit iPhone.

Your sounds will now play through the phone again. I don't know if streaming music will work without changing it back.

This will not work if you have your phone plugged into the USB slot to charge.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Blue link and bluetooth are two completely different things. Blue link does offer a text to voice feature if memory serves...but after the trial, you get to pay for it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
my windows 8 phone reads text messages over bluetooth when connected. it's a phone feature though.
iPhone 4s will as well with Siri, if you ask her nicely. LOL She'll only read the last incoming text though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im interested in this as well. Ive been looking for an app for android that does this but havent researched it that much. i know there has to be some kind of app that utilizes text to speech in order to do this, using the phone to do everything and the bluetooth just acts as the microphone to receive commands. just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
99 Posts
my windows 8 phone reads text messages over bluetooth when connected. it's a phone feature though.
it will read and you can respond to the text message by voice and will get transcribed to text

i use my nokia lumia 920 wiith sonata and it works great.

·
Registered
204 Posts
in case you didn't see it, google maps is finally out for iphone ios6. it will read turn by turn directions over usb and cut in when you're playing music, lowering the music volume. FINALLY!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts