Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a few times that I cannot play media from my phone to the car via the Bluetooth streaming audio function. The phone portion connects properly but when I press the media button on the car it says that it's not connected. I can fix it by going into the pairing settings on the car and temporarily disabling and re-enabling streaming media support but it's strange that it's happening and I have to occasionally do this. A friend of mine with the Kia Optima experiences the same issue and his car uses the same NAV/Infotainment system as my Sonata.

Anyone else experience this issue?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I use this feature quite often and I have not had any problems. I use it for my tablet and my phone. My head unit is not the nav unit though.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Had problems like that with my old phone (HTC thunderbolt) but my new Galaxy S4 hasn't any problems. Streaming music is one of the best features of the car. The sound is as good as the patch cord IMHO.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had problems like that with my old phone (HTC thunderbolt) but my new Galaxy S4 hasn't any problems. Streaming music is one of the best features of the car. The sound is as good as the patch cord IMHO.
I've had it happen on a HTC One, Nexus 4 and a Blackberry Z10 on 2 different vehicles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I can fix it by going into the pairing settings on the car and temporarily disabling and re-enabling streaming media support but it's strange that it's happening and I have to occasionally do this.
Happened to me as well. I suspect it's because I "reboot" my phone rarely. And modern phones are more computers than phones :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
My base radio does this occasionally as well. I have a VZW Galaxy Nexus. I also have problems with my wife's Ford Nav system, so I can't say for sure that it is a Hyundai problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am having this problem with my '13 and my iPhone 5. I did not have a similar problem with my '11 HSH. If I plug in the phone and then later disconnect it, I cannot re-connect for music streaming, although my phone is connected via Bluetooth for calls. Only my music won't stream. The only way I have found to fix is to go in to the options and disable the streaming and then re-enable it. This is a separate menu option from the BT menu.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My base radio does this occasionally as well. I have a VZW Galaxy Nexus. I also have problems with my wife's Ford Nav system, so I can't say for sure that it is a Hyundai problem.
I have a Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) and have noticed this also.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have this problem maybe 1 in 15 times I turn on the car. An easy fix is go into Phone mode, select the Settings and go into Streaming Music window, then press the Back button and now you should be able to stream music from your phone.

This is for the Sonata Hybrid with the navi system, not sure how it works on the regular model.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am currently using Nexus 5 and had used Nexus 4 to stream
I didn't any problem
You do have to make sure that you are in "P" on your shifter when pairing up the device
Do not shift out of "P" until it is paired

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a Samsung Note2 and have had zero issues when it alone is connected; however, when I also paired an Iphone (Work phone) things didn't work right for either phone. I tried pairing another Android based phone and there were no issues. I deleted the iphone and all is well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if you start your music on your phone before you start driving you will not have the issue... the biggest cause of the problem is when you play a video from another app on your phone before you get in your car... for example, if you watched a video on facebook before you got in the car, started your car and the connected and expect to play your audio mp3's it will most likely not work. you music app needs to be the last app used as a media play before you connect, other wise you will need to manually start you music app.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts