Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I got my 2019 Santa Fe I've has an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S9 plus connecting to Bluetooth. It's a hit or miss. It will connect for several days then act up telling me the phone is connecting and it's connected. When I try to use the phone, the display says it connecting to my phone. According to Hyundai Bluetooth support, my phone is compatible with the infotainment system. The dealer's service dept seems to be clueless. Hyundai told me to unpair then pair the phone again which I've done more times than I can remember. I was also told by Hyundai to reset the Infotainment system [there's a reset near the volume control] but that doesn't help either. I was told to clear the Bluetooth cache on my phone, but that didn't change anything. I think there's an issue with the infotainment system or it needs a software update that the dealer says isn't available. The phone works fine in every other vehicle I've paired it to. Anyone else having the same issue?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got an S8+, but I always use a small cable to engage Android Auto instead of just using Bluetooth. The Bluetooth connection is managed by Android Auto instead that way. You might want to try that out if you haven't. It gives you a lot more capability than just Bluetooth by itself, like Google Maps displaying on your console and controlled with the voice button on your steering wheel. If you're not familiar with it and want more info, let me know and I'll post some links..

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Most def only works using the cable, even specifies so in 2020 owners manual
It does use a cable, but Android Auto also uses Bluetooth for some audio streaming. Is that what you're talking about, or am I missing something? Wouldn't be the first time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You need the cable to access ALL functions of android auto. Blue tooth is limited. Projection and streaming functions do not all function via bluetooth.

·
Registered
40 Posts
You need the cable to access ALL functions of android auto. Blue tooth is limited. Projection and streaming functions do not all function via bluetooth.
Agreed. It uses Bluetooth only for stream phone call audio, if I remember correctly. And my point was only that I'd give Android Auto a try if Bluetooth won't stay connected as I've never had any issue with Android Auto and it gives you a lot more capabilities..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts