Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so on my Sonata when I try to make phone calls on my iPhone 4 connected to bluetooth it has the names flipped. Meaning if I want to call John Smith, I need to say "Call Smith John" and on the display it says "Smith John"

Is this normal? or how can I fix this?

·
Registered
505 Posts
QUOTE (tom53086 @ Sep 26 2010, 11:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359041
Ok so on my Sonata when I try to make phone calls on my iPhone 4 connected to bluetooth it has the names flipped. Meaning if I want to call John Smith, I need to say "Call Smith John" and on the display it says "Smith John"

Is this normal? or how can I fix this?
Set up your contacts like this

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem with my EVO 4G (Android). I have set the contacts to sort by First Last, but they still come up on my head unit as last, first.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If anyone knows of a fix for this, I am also interested in hearing it. I even went as far as putting both first and last names in the first name column and the system still reversed them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (jthomas8946 @ Sep 28 2010, 07:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359330
If anyone knows of a fix for this, I am also interested in hearing it. I even went as far as putting both first and last names in the first name column and the system still reversed them.
r u serious? that doesn't even make sense... how/why would it reverse two words in a first name? What about people with two first names, say Mary Jane. Would that flip it to Jane Mary??

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (tom53086 @ Sep 28 2010, 12:19 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=359381
r u serious? that doesn't even make sense... how/why would it reverse two words in a first name? What about people with two first names, say Mary Jane. Would that flip it to Jane Mary??
Yes, I am serious. I might try and put both names in the last name field and see if it flips. For someone else having this same problem, test putting both names in the first name field and see what happens for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
k I tried putting both names in the "first name" field and it did NOT flip them. It kept them in the proper order. I have no idea why it flipped them for you....

but still this isn't an adequate solution for me. I want to be able to put the names into my phone correctly!!

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Is this an iPhone-only issue? My LG VX-8560 has no problems syncing the phonebook exactly as the phone has it. I have a Santa Fe and have a hard time believing that Hyundai would use two different systems for different models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From my research this is an issue with the latest phones with the latest Bluetooth Stack. It is a incompatibility issue between the Bluetooth stack on the phone and the car. I am at Hyundai now seeing if there is a software update for the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had an iphone 3GS with OS 3.13. I was able to change the sort order to get it to be firstname lastname. Then I upgraded the OS to 4 and after the update I was not able to change the order ....it was always lastname firstname. I then purchased and Iphone 4 with OS 4.1 on it and it was exactly the same...lastname firstname. Apple changed something in OS 4 causing the issue. I doubt Hyundai will put out an update for it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hyundai does not have an update for it. It is a Bluetooth incompatibility. I am going to attempt to load a older version of the Bluetooth stack for Android and see if this fixes the issue.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Since this does not appear to be all phones, it may not actually be a Hyundai Sonata issue.

I know that there were many people complaining about numerous "problems" with virtually all versions of MS Windows when, upon further investigation, the problem was not caused by Windows at all.

This could be a similar situation.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Mine were also reversed. However, many of my contacts were reversed when I imported them into my Android from Google (ie, the first name was in the last name field, and vice versa). Over the last year, I finally got them correct--and now my car has them backwards! If anyone comes up with a fix (other than switching them all in my phone again, which only moves the problem), please post it! :liebe011:

·
Registered
349 Posts
This is a very annoying issue that I'm having also, I feel stupid if I have a passenger in the car and have to say call "cell dad's" they look at me funny. Plus I tried to show off the car and had to do this and it didn't really make it sound to amazing.

I really hope someone (Hyundai or Motorola) can come up with a fix for this. I will check this thread to see if anyone finds a way to fix this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am curious if anyone has found a fix for this. It seems to be happening to the latest phones with the latest Bluetooth Stack (IPhone 4, Evo 4G, etc...)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
i have to say names in reverse order as well....

blackberry 8330

1 - 20 of 34 Posts