Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I have recently brought a 2016 Elantra active and really like it, however when using the phone through Bluetooth the little speaker that the sounds plays from is just awful and I can hardly hear the phone even on full volume. Does anybody have the same issue and do you know if it would be possible to reroute the phone Bluetooth to the main stereo speakers which are great, I don't understand why they would not have opted for that initially

Thanks
Wayne

·
Registered
35 Posts
Doesn't seem correct my father in law had a 2013 now a 2017 elantra and both play phone through the main speakers.

I have a 2018 elantra-sport non tech package and my phone plays calls through the main speaker as does my 2017 sante fe

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi all

I have recently brought a 2016 Elantra active and really like it, however when using the phone through Bluetooth the little speaker that the sounds plays from is just awful and I can hardly hear the phone even on full volume.

Is the sound coming from the phone's speakerphone? If so then I don't think the phone is actually connected to the car system. Is the phone's Bluetooth icon showing as connected?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi yes its absolutelly connected to the car and i see the bluetooth symbol, interesting that others are saying their calls are going through the stereo speakers, i will investigate further, tgankd

·
Registered
35 Posts
I would unpair and repair with car.

IF Android. After pairing go into Bluetooth settings select elantra and make sure the toggles for phone and media audio are selected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would unpair and repair with car.

IF Android. After pairing go into Bluetooth settings select elantra and make sure the toggles for phone and media audio are selected.

yeh that's all good not sure whats going on might just be a phone reception or line issues combined with road noise and interference when the car is going, its perfectly fine when parked but it only goes through a speaker down near the drivers door

·
Registered
982 Posts
In any case, if you re-post this in the subforum for the 2016 Elantra, you might get more help. This subform applies to the 2017 and later Elantra.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts