Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I just bought a 2021 Kona Preferred AWD. I have 2 issues that are really really bugging me and actually making me hate my brand new car. I had a 2016 Nissan Juke that I loved and am sadly missing so much and these issues aren't helping.

1) my phone - Samsung Galaxy S9 - is connected via Bluetooth (not android auto), and I don't get text message notifications. My phone stays in my bag, but I like hearing a message if I get one - mostly if I am going to one of my sisters or parents houses, I let them know I am on my way.. and if they need something or to let me know where to park, I like just being able to quickly hear that message. I do not care about being able to message back.

2) I connect my ipod touch via the USB port. I create playlists, hit shuffle, and like to listen to them through their entirety. But now with the Kona, everytime I disconnect my ipod from the car, then plug it back in the next time I am driving, the car automatically takes it off shuffle and starts playing in the manual order. And when I turn shuffle back on, it restarts the playlist and I run the risk of hearing the same songs. It is pissing me off.

These are things that I couldn't have thought would happen when I was doing research and didn't think about when test driving the car because why would a newer car be so user unfriendly.

I sadly miss my Juke and regret buying the Kona.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1) Check in your settings > bluetooth that you are allowing text messages / contact sharing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts