Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fantastic 2011 Tucson. I really enjoy it so far. The only problem I've experienced is with the Bluetooth system. My phone is a Blackberry Storm and for the last two days upon entering the vehicle and starting up, the system won't pair with the phone. It repeatedly announces "Pairing Fail" until I can catch it in between a cycle to turn off the Bluetooth feature on the Blackberry.

I've deleted the phone from the system and reinstalled the connection. Has anyone else experienced this? I have a suspicion the problem is more with the phone than the Bluetooth system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (STLTucson @ Oct 14 2010, 07:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=363406
I have a fantastic 2011 Tucson. I really enjoy it so far. The only problem I've experienced is with the Bluetooth system. My phone is a Blackberry Storm and for the last two days upon entering the vehicle and starting up, the system won't pair with the phone. It repeatedly announces "Pairing Fail" until I can catch it in between a cycle to turn off the Bluetooth feature on the Blackberry.

I've deleted the phone from the system and reinstalled the connection. Has anyone else experienced this? I have a suspicion the problem is more with the phone than the Bluetooth system.

Almost exactly the same situation here. Except that I'm using the Blackberry Torch. After I setup the bluetooth, the phone and vehicle will pair once maybe twice. After that, I constantly get pairing failed. I end up removing the phone and setting up again - which is very annoying.

I wish I could get an explanation for why this is happening.

·
1,565 Posts
Maybe it's a Blackberry setting. Are your bluetooth settings correct? Have you tried with other phones? I think the first step is to see if it's on the car side or the phone side.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I kept looking at other listings and found some reference on a KIA forum to a similar problem. The one thing so far that has seemingly helped is changing a specific setting on my Bluetooth connection. On my Blackberry you have to click on Bluetooth options, click on the profile for your vehicle (whatever name you assigned it or it automatically assigned itself - mine said "Tucson") and open the full menu. Next click on Options and you should find a list of about 6 toggles. The last one in my system says "Connect on Power Up". I changed the setting to 'no'. I still access the Bluetooth system in the car without any problems.

Seemingly since doing that I have not had the same problem. It did the repeated "Pairing Fail" message only once when my vehicle radio/Bluetooth was turned on while I was washing the car and the system kept trying to connect with my phone sitting nearly 30 feet away in the front room of the house.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 1 week ond Tucson GLS and have been pulling my hair out over all the same "pairing failed" issues I read about hear, especially with Blackberrys... very frustrating.

I read STL Tucson's post and thought there was a glimmer of hope, as strange as it would be to have to turn the radio off everytime if I wanted the phone to connect next time I started it up. Well, it did not fix the problem. I have a Blackberry Storm 9550 thru Verizon.

I have tried everything I can think of as well as anything I could find online (not just limited to Hyundai, BB, or VZ), all to no avail.

Finally I think I found my problem. I disabled Encryption in the device properties of the bluetooth connection, and it appears that this has worked. So far I have started the car 4 different times and have had no "pairing failed" problems! Maybe its too soon to celebrate but until now it has never yet reconnected after the initial pairing process, and then shutting the car off.

If the problem re-appears, I will re-post and let you know. I would be curious if this works for others..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Blackberry does not pair w/Hyundai Sonata

My Blackberry 8530 actually worked fine with the radio that came with my new 2011 Sonata (turbo, that I bought in October of 2010) but because of other problems with the radio (buttons sticking and the sound blaring when the car started, even with the radio turned off), I had to replace the radio. Unfortunately, when I got the new radio installed, my BB 8530 would no longer pair consistently, giving me that constant stream of “pairing failed” notices once/second. And, I personally believe that this is a safety issue.
Anyway, after repeated attempts to delete my Bluetooth connections and re-pair my BB with my Sonata, and trying several of the “fixes” I found online, I finally stumbled on what worked for me. This may not work for you, as I have a strange feeling that each radio is now unique in some strange way and you may have to figure out what works with yours.
So, I deleted the BT connection from both the Sonata and the BB. Then I turned off the car and turned off the phone (starting clean with each one).
Then I went through the normal pairing function, as described in the manual and described pretty well in these forums. This, of course, resulted in a pairing failure later that day, and gave me the “pairing failed” message once/second.
I then deleted the BB8530 connection item from the Sonata again (while leaving the Sonata item on the Blackberry). This, I think, is the key to my success. Do not delete the connection from your phone; just remove the other side of it, on the Sonata). Then, on the Blackberry, I went in to both the “options” and “device properties” of the Blackberry (Sonata connection item) and set the following: (Note, these are settings on the BB, not on the car)
Options:
- Discoverable - No
- Allow outgoing calls - Always
- Contacts transfer – (I use selected categories only, but all entries can work)
- -LED indicator = On
- Security level - High
- Connect on power up - No
- All services are checked except Headset, Desktop Connectivity, and Wireless Bypass, but even these services will probably work, too
Device Properties:
- Trusted – Yes
- Encryption – Disabled
- Echo Control – Automatic
Next, I rebooted my Blackberry (after saving the selections above).
Lastly, I restarted the Sonata, and told it to re-pair up with the Blackberry. And, so far, after several days, this seems to still be working for me, including all voice dialing commands, etc.
If you’re having this kind of issue, I can only wish you well.
- Dave

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you have your phone set to Discoverable - NO, your car will not be able to find your BT phone. You need to set that option to YES so that your car and phone can sync up automatically. Otherwise you'll need to sync your phone manually.

-Todd

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 Sonata and a 9700 Blackberry. This "pairing" problem has been driving me crazy! I've setup my phone a dozen times, and within a day or two I get the nagging "pairing failed" message. A buddy told me that the car was distracted by an Ipod that I am using in the vehicle, but I'm going to try the advice by dille. Hopefully this will work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did anyone get a concrete solution to this issue? I know the forum posting is dated last year, however this issue just surfaced for my Torch 9810 / 2011 Snata Fe combo. Only other detail is that my BB OS updated to 7.1.0.267, and then the "pairing failed" problems started. Im currently trying different combos of encryption, discovery and pairing settings, to see if I can magically recover.
Any additonal advice or reference to pre-exisiting solutions or forums are welcome...this silly little issue is **** annoying!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did anyone get a concrete solution to this issue? I know the forum posting is dated last year, however this issue just surfaced for my Torch 9810 / 2011 Snata Fe combo. Only other detail is that my BB OS updated to 7.1.0.267, and then the "pairing failed" problems started. Im currently trying different combos of encryption, discovery and pairing settings, to see if I can magically recover.
Any additonal advice or reference to pre-exisiting solutions or forums are welcome...this silly little issue is **** annoying!
I have the same problem. It was working perfectly until I
Downloaded a system upgrade on my phone. Haven't figured out a solution yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same problem. It was working perfectly until I
Downloaded a system upgrade on my phone. Haven't figured out a solution yet.
I finally figured out the problem and the solution. The problem is the software upgrade to my Blackberry 9810. The upgrade to 7.1 created problems with connecting my Bluetooth automatically to the car. I could do it manually each time but that was a real inconvenience.
The solution was to revert to the 7.0 version of the Blackberry software. First, I downloaded Blackberry Desktop to my computer. Then I connected my phone to the computer and backed up my data on the Desktop software. I then downgraded the phone from the 7.1 version to the 7.0 version.
Problem solved! What a relief! Hope this helps saves others a lot of time, energy and frustration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seems odd that the best solution is to backlevel to 7.0...I am escalating to RIM right now...and hope that their solution isnt to backlevel. That will mess up al future OS updates.
Did you escalate at all to your carrier, to Hyundai or elsewhere?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Keep us posted folks on your efforts - I am in Waterloo and working with RIM directly on this as well. The problem with the pairing seems to have started with the introduction of 7.1 and new algorithms of encryption in the bluetooth and playbook bridge. I am now back on 7.0 on my Bold and Torch and it works fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2011 hyandai sonata bluetooth

My bluetooth is stuck in spanish. I do not speak spanish so this is a problem. How do i ge it back to english?

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have your phone set to Discoverable - NO, your car will not be able to find your BT phone. You need to set that option to YES so that your car and phone can sync up automatically. Otherwise you'll need to sync your phone manually.

-Todd
It only needs to be discoverable for the initial pairing once paired the first time you can turn the discovery option to off.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts