Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a HTC U11 and upgraded to Android 8.0. On my 15 Elanta, the radio does not display any song information.

My previous phone HTC 10 on Android 7 displayed the song information.

I was wondering if anybody else has this issue with either this phone or Android 8 and if anybody has solutions.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got a HTC U11 and upgraded to Android 8.0. On my 15 Elanta, the radio does not display any song information.

My previous phone HTC 10 on Android 7 displayed the song information.

I was wondering if anybody else has this issue with either this phone or Android 8 and if anybody has solutions.

Thanks

Well consider yourself lucky. I've got the U11+ and it will not pair with my 2013 Elantra. My Wife's 2016 Sante Fe is fine.

It will "pair" but only "contact sharing" shows up, no media or audio options, and the Bluetooth symbol does not show up on the car display. My U11+ shows up under phones, and my Elantra under Bluetooth devices.

According to HTC support the U11+ has Bluetooth 5.0 which, while backwards compatible with upto BT2.0, only supports AVCRP (Audi video Codec and radio protocol) 1.4. The 2013 Elantra is too old to support that and the update is required from Hyundai.

On my Wife's 2016 Sante Fe (stock radio stack), connects no problems, song info displayed, and all steering wheel controls work great.

Sent from my HTC U11 plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Elantra GT N Line, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT (SOLD)
1,841 Posts
Sometimes the fix is as easy as deleting and repairing the phone to get media content to show up. It did the same to me when I when from my G5 to G6 for some reason.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip. My phone was currently set to 1.5 and I changed it to 1.4. When I get lunch a bit later, I'll see if that did anything, or changing to 1.6 does anything

I tried different versions of the Bluetooth setting and all didn't media info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts