Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drives: Santa Fe 2010 GL

Hi, got a new 2010 SF two weeks ago it was a dealer's unit (20,000 K's). The manuals that I received with it is totally useless. I want to pair my cell to the bluetooth which would be no trouble if I knew Spanish. How do I change the language to English.

Thanks in Advance.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
My salesman mentioned this when I was having Bluetooth issues and if I remember correctly, he said you can change languages by pressing and holding the 'speak' button. He had other people with similar issues and said it took them a while to figure it out.

·
Registered
121 Posts
To quote a participant of this forum. You really need to get an account at Hyundai Service Website. LOL :whistling:

This site has all manuals and a separate Bluetooth section. Try it, its free, just sign in at any time. Supported by Hyundai.

Address is:http://hmaservice.com/

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After much searching I found this info on changing Bluetooth language, my wife is out of town till the weekend will have to try it when she gets back with the Santa Fe. Here it is in case someone else needs the info:

Can I change the language of the Hyundai Bluetooth system?

Yes. The language can be and can be manually changed by following a few simple steps:

1. Turn the vehicle's ignition on (no need to start engine) and turn the radio on with the volume at an audible level.

2. Press and hold the TALK switch until the Radio displays the message "Please Wait". The Hyundai Bluetooth system will reply in the currently used language that it is changing to the next language.

Note: The languages cycles between English, Canadian French, US Spanish, and back to English.

3. When complete, the radio display switches back to the radio.

4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the next language selection.

Note: Cell phones will need to be paired again after changing languages.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
that does not work....when you say talk you mean the green phone button?
No. He's referring to the 'talking head' voice recognition button. The green button is the 'pick up' switch and the red one is 'hang up'. You'll need to hold it for about ten seconds and phones will need to be re-paired when you're done.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No. He's referring to the 'talking head' voice recognition button. The green button is the 'pick up' switch and the red one is 'hang up'. You'll need to hold it for about ten seconds and phones will need to be re-paired when you're done.
The language is not changing...what do I do? Thanks! 2012 Santa Fe Limited

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a recently purchased 2010 Santa Fe and am also having problems with the Bluetooth language. I've tried holding the Speak button for 10 seconds and pulling the audio fuses, with no luck. I read in another forum that some models can be "reset" by inserting a paper clip or ballpoint pen into a small hole located in the faceplate, however my vehicle does not appear to have this feature. Does anyone else have other suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
2010 Hyundai Santa Fe: Change language

You actually have to have a phone paired in order for the above solution to work. When the language is changed it deletes all paired phones. So how do you pair a phone when you can't understand the prompts? We downloaded Google Translator app. It was free and it has a voice option. You can record the voice prompts and then translate them to English.

Our vehicle was speaking French and the only word we needed to know in French was "yes," which is "wee."

We had to start over a couple of times and remember what to say and when to say it, but I think we only had to tell it yes (wee) so it would start the pairing process, then give it a name to pair the phone under (I just said my name), then I had to go on my phone and search bluetooth for the car and type in the number it gave (0000). I paired my phone, then I was able to hold down the speak button on the steering column (not the phone buttons) for ten seconds. It then went to Spanish, I immediately held the speak button for ten seconds again and it went to English.

Once it changes to English you have to pair your phone again.

Remember once you get it to English, do not hold down the speak button for very long or it will change the language again.

Hope this helpls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts