Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After researching this topic , I found that there has been a plethora of complaints of having Bluetooth connection issues. Not exclusively for the Sonata but other models as well.
This is a MAJOR safety issue since many states prohibit answering hand held phones and require the use of Bluetooth connection.
I am at the dealership and said they would have to charge me $125 to look into it despite seeing the many complaints all over Google. I called HQ at Hyundai to begin a recall campaign.
I am waiting a week to hear a response and then starting a change.org for awareness.
Hyundai should recognize this as a safety issue protocol for a recall.
If this is not rectified I will not be purchasing another Hyundai and will encourage others to go elsewhere and find a car that has minimum issues with this , values lives and will fix it promptly.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
572 Posts
What's the issue? I don't have any issues with Bluetooth.

By the way, if you have navigation, update your maps. I'm pretty sure one of the updates also updated the Bluetooth stack a few years ago.

·
Registered
17 Posts
After researching this topic , I found that there has been a plethora of complaints of having Bluetooth connection issues. Not exclusively for the Sonata but other models as well.
This is a MAJOR safety issue since many states prohibit answering hand held phones and require the use of Bluetooth connection.
I am at the dealership and said they would have to charge me $125 to look into it despite seeing the many complaints all over Google. I called HQ at Hyundai to begin a recall campaign.
I am waiting a week to hear a response and then starting a change.org for awareness.
Hyundai should recognize this as a safety issue protocol for a recall.
If this is not rectified I will not be purchasing another Hyundai and will encourage others to go elsewhere and find a car that has minimum issues with this , values lives and will fix it promptly.
If you ask me, if your heavily concerned that you can't tend to your social life while driving then maybe you really shouldn't drive at all. If it's really that important of a call then just pull over to the side to answer the call. If it's really that big of a deal to you, you could always get an FM transmitter that has a mic built in, that would cost you around $25 for a pretty decent one. It would allow you to play your music as well.

With all that said I HIGHLY doubt Hyundai is going to recall a car that's going on almost a decade old now because people are having Bluetooth. I myself couldn't tell you last time I've actually seen people use hands free. Down here in Louisiana people will drive these big expensive Range Rover but won't look away from their phones for a split second

1 - 5 of 5 Posts