Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue with the Bluetooth wanting to override the USB connection on the iphone every time you restart the car? If I read the instructions correctly, the car should be turned on before the iPhone is connected to the USB to prevent damage to the iPhone from power surges. And the iPhone should also be unplugged before turning the car off for the same reason.

I've found if I start the car, then plug in the USB the stereo will play the iphone via the USB for about 30 second, then I get a message on the media console that the "sync is complete". Once this happens, the Bluetooth takes over the connection to the iPhone and I loose audio. I then have to pick up the iPhone, click on the Bluetooth logo at the bottom a few times until I get a screen that asks if I want to use the USB connection or Bluetooth. If I select USB, the audio begins playing again and all is fine, however, this happens every time I restart the car and it's a drag. Is there any way around this? Can I set it to default to the USB connection and or ignore Bluetooth streaming audio while the USB is plugged in?

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (Doc_V @ Apr 26 2010, 09:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317140
Has anyone had an issue with the Bluetooth wanting to override the USB connection on the iphone every time you restart the car? If I read the instructions correctly, the car should be turned on before the iPhone is connected to the USB to prevent damage to the iPhone from power surges. And the iPhone should also be unplugged before turning the car off for the same reason.

I've found if I start the car, then plug in the USB the stereo will play the iphone via the USB for about 30 second, then I get a message on the media console that the "sync is complete". Once this happens, the Bluetooth takes over the connection to the iPhone and I loose audio. I then have to pick up the iPhone, click on the Bluetooth logo at the bottom a few times until I get a screen that asks if I want to use the USB connection or Bluetooth. If I select USB, the audio begins playing again and all is fine, however, this happens every time I restart the car and it's a drag. Is there any way around this? Can I set it to default to the USB connection and or ignore Bluetooth streaming audio while the USB is plugged in?
I wrote about it couple of times already, all you have to do is connect the USB cable after bluetooth is connected. i'm not sure if it's the car or phone but it will use the which ever is connected last.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You definitely have to wait until the Bluetooth connection is complete before plugging in the cable. Also, I've found on mine that, if I fail to disconnect the iPhone before shutting the car off, when I restart the car the iPhone sometimes goes into Airplane Mode. That doesn't happen if I wait for BT to connect first, then connect the cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts