Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Just an update...bluelink remote start i found to be unreliable...sometimes it would work sometimes not...at -40c i want it to work...today i got an aftermarket remote start put in and what i noticed if i put the heat to max before turning off the car when i remote start the heated steering and driver seat go on...blue link only turned on steering wheel..of course i selected that feature in the settings for climate for seats to heat or cool according to heater temp...i think this will be money well spent馃憤

Registered
Just an update...bluelink remote start i found to be unreliable...sometimes it would work sometimes not...at -40c i want it to work...today i got an aftermarket remote start put in and what i noticed if i put the heat to max before turning off the car when i remote start the heated steering and driver seat go on...blue link only turned on steering wheel..of course i selected that feature in the settings for climate for seats to heat or cool according to heater temp...i think this will be money well spent馃憤
Yes there are a bunch of "old style" remote start options you can add on vs use the myHyundai bluelink system. My dealer would have done that but wanted $500 vs I get 3+ years of bluelink free: it's working ok now but I did have problems a couple months ago requiring reseating cables in my vehicle head unit (ie, center console/radio). You probably don't need this since you already had it done but do an Advanced Search on just this 2019+ Santa Fe group, for Remote Start and you will see at least 100 different threads discussing that, Bluelink etc. Here is one we had going just a few weeks ago https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/blue-link.660954/#post-5956175 Glad you found a fix.

Registered
Bluelink uses the Verizon 3G network/signal. It is affected by...well, everything such as buildings, trees, the weather, your location to the tower, etc. And if you don鈥檛 have a Verizon signal it simply won鈥檛 work at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts