Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an update...bluelink remote start i found to be unreliable...sometimes it would work sometimes not...at -40c i want it to work...today i got an aftermarket remote start put in and what i noticed if i put the heat to max before turning off the car when i remote start the heated steering and driver seat go on...blue link only turned on steering wheel..of course i selected that feature in the settings for climate for seats to heat or cool according to heater temp...i think this will be money well spent?

·
Registered
19 SF Limited AWD 2.4
296 Posts
Just an update...bluelink remote start i found to be unreliable...sometimes it would work sometimes not...at -40c i want it to work...today i got an aftermarket remote start put in and what i noticed if i put the heat to max before turning off the car when i remote start the heated steering and driver seat go on...blue link only turned on steering wheel..of course i selected that feature in the settings for climate for seats to heat or cool according to heater temp...i think this will be money well spent?
Yes there are a bunch of "old style" remote start options you can add on vs use the myHyundai bluelink system. My dealer would have done that but wanted $500 vs I get 3+ years of bluelink free: it's working ok now but I did have problems a couple months ago requiring reseating cables in my vehicle head unit (ie, center console/radio). You probably don't need this since you already had it done but do an Advanced Search on just this 2019+ Santa Fe group, for Remote Start and you will see at least 100 different threads discussing that, Bluelink etc. Here is one we had going just a few weeks ago https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/blue-link.660954/#post-5956175 Glad you found a fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bluelink uses the Verizon 3G network/signal. It is affected by...well, everything such as buildings, trees, the weather, your location to the tower, etc. And if you don’t have a Verizon signal it simply won’t work at all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts