Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have a 2017 GLS ( Canada ). I was wondering about the possibility of having a BlueLink installed? Or is it something available only for limited trim level?
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Had BlueLink free for the first year, 2nd button from the left on the rear view mirror. could press that and give a name of a store or an address, verbally, would pop up on the screen, used that about twice.

Could upload an app on my phone to remote start my Limited, it worked, but never used it, even set the temperature controls.

That year flew by quick, then suddenly it was 297 bucks for another year. Was receiving emails once per month from Bluelink giving me redundant information that my dash already showed.

When we were in the Twin Cities, wife was looking for a store, pressing that 2nd button didn't work anymore, but learned by plugging my smart phone in, could do the same thing for free with google maps, but had to press that upper left button on my steering wheel. That was on a 67 buck option, but had to purchased the first two options first. Google also works verbally when driving. 1st button on the left on the rear view mirror, lets you contact Bluelink, but only if you have an unrestricted view of the satellite. here its 22.5* above the horizon, a tree will block that reception.

If you locked yourself out, could use your phone to call BlueLink to unlock your car and start it provided you didn't lock your phone in your car and were within cell phone range.

Had the same problem with Sirius XM would not work at my home, too many trees in the backyard, both Bluelink and XM would say, no reception. But still have all the hardware for these features that would cost me a small fortune to use, when I can't even use it.

GPS always works, so does my MP3 player, keep my Garmin in the car, wife can use that when driving also to find points of interest. Still have points of interest on the factory GPS, but heard some rumor, not a good idea to shift into park when driving at 70 mph.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts