Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else as unimpressed with the Bluelink system as I am. Its just not as great as they made it out to be. Plus yesterday i got a email that said its almost time for my free trial to be up. It continued on saying that it would cost $993 to continue. That cant be right does it really cost that much. Is there something im missing. Any feed back would be appriciated.

Just incase you are wondering i have a 2013 Sonata Paxific Blue Pearl with tan interior and popular equipment package.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I didn't find it useful at all. However, I seem to remember that it was $275.00 / year to renew all three "functions". I might be off a bit, but it certainly wasn't almost a grand!
Perhaps they were offering you a lifetime subscription? Still overpriced, IMHO, but at least it would be in line, pricewise.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
They tried to sell me a three-year plan for a whole bunch of money. I wasn't interested and they tried to negotiate with me by reducing the price down to about $200 for one year to get all the stuff available. I did not take it. I don't think it's worth it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yeah I used the remote start during the trial period, but that's about it. Nothing else is really useful on a regular basis. And the guidance package is useless if you have navigation and/or a smartphone. Google maps on your smartphone does everything that the Guidance package can do and I'm sure it's better and more accurate than bluelink.

So is it worth it to remote start your car 20 times in the winter for $99 now (also using gas when letting it sit), or can you just brave it out and go start the car normally for free? That's up to each individual to decide, but it wasn't for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Remote start and keeping an eye on my new driver daughter with the curfew, geofence and speed alert will make the $99 worth it to me. I'm sure she'll hate it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
bad font coding in emails read from phone or tablet

If you read that email on your phone the font coding is wrong and that is why it's reading at $993. It costs $99 a year for each of the upgraded packages (Essentials and Guidance) and the Assurance package is included for the first 3 years of ownership. Same thing happened to me and I also freaked out a little as well...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I called today and they said they would renew the service for $74.95 I thought that sounded ok so I renewed for a year.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I like that they lowered the price, and I'd sign up just for the remote start, but the Galaxy Note 3 isn't supported, along with a bunch of other very popular phones (reading the reviews on the play store for the app).

They need to start rolling out updates for newer phones

1 - 12 of 12 Posts