1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bluelink is annoying me.
Says "service soon" (oil change).
I thought by logging onto the myhundai website and putting in a "hey I had it serviced" it would fix it.

Nope. Today it's a "service NOW"
How the heck do you tell the darn thing that you've already had it serviced?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Press the BlueLink button to connect to BlueLink. When the automated prompt answers, just say "Service Complete". That should reset BlueLink.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Press the BlueLink button to connect to BlueLink. When the automated prompt answers, just say "Service Complete". That should reset BlueLink.
Engine running :

Push Blue Link button,, let it answer and go through couple of motions....

BLUE - ask you to "say the name of the service"

Customer - "BLUE LINK service complete"

BLUE - will confirm command and ask you to leave engine running for 2 minutes to clear system

Follow prompts after doing verbals, and say good bye in any language..

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I'll give that a try this afternoon.
It's kinda dumb that you can't do it on the myhyundai website or via the instrument panel. It *looks* like the myhyundai website is where you control the service intervals and such, so one would think it would read/fetch it from there.
Guess not.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I figured it would do it automatically based on the dealership updates. Kind of falls short of doing what it's supposed to.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I don't get this. I have Bluelink on both our 2015 and 2017 and never have any annoying messages pop up regarding service as being due, and I have gone beyond the user set mileage and / or time. Nothing verbal through the system and nothing via e-mail. Nor do I want or need them. This information center is enough for me. Perhaps there is a setting on the web site to turn off push notifications? Or is this something limited to the Ultimate trim level? Enlighten me :)

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't get this. I have Bluelink on both our 2015 and 2017 and never have any annoying messages pop up regarding service as being due, and I have gone beyond the user set mileage and / or time. Nothing verbal through the system and nothing via e-mail. Nor do I want or need them. This information center is enough for me. Perhaps there is a setting on the web site to turn off push notifications? Or is this something limited to the Ultimate trim level? Enlighten me :)
It beats me.

I get the monthly blue link emails that tell me I 'm OVERDUE for service. But I've cleared the blulink stuff in the car, and I don't see anything on the "myhyundai" website that indicates I'm overdue (there's the method to manually add when you had service done). But I'm not sure the bluelink reads those manually entered items.

There's some section where you can tell it you're on "normal" or "severe".

Do you have an active bluelink subscription?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Yes. Active Bluelink on both vehicles since new. At my age I value the ability to reach assistance at the push of a button. Plus we both work in.....Shall we say "dicey" areas......Also being in the business....Heard enough true stories of Onstar and Bluelink collision notification saving lives including cases where the vehicles went off of the road on the automated systems were the ONLY calls made to the emergency services as the wrecked vehicles were not visible from the road....made it an easy sell for me as long as we can afford it.

So yes....I do get the monthly health reports on each vehicle but never any maintenance notifications.

OK....Took a look. Log in to your Bluelink account and you can go into the notification settings on the menu at the right side. There you can select which notifications you receive and how they are delivered........Oddly enough my maintenance notifications are set as active but I never receive them. I switched them off now and they'll probably start arriving :)

Reactions: mjonis

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. Active Bluelink on both vehicles since new. At my age I value the ability to reach assistance at the push of a button. Plus we both work in.....Shall we say "dicey" areas......Also being in the business....Heard enough true stories of Onstar and Bluelink collision notification saving lives including cases where the vehicles went off of the road on the automated systems were the ONLY calls made to the emergency services as the wrecked vehicles were not visible from the road....made it an easy sell for me as long as we can afford it.

So yes....I do get the monthly health reports on each vehicle but never any maintenance notifications.

OK....Took a look. Log in to your Bluelink account and you can go into the notification settings on the menu at the right side. There you can select which notifications you receive and how they are delivered........Oddly enough my maintenance notifications are set as active but I never receive them. I switched them off now and they'll probably start arriving :)
Yeah, I see the notifications. What's puzzling is how it all works together.

For example, on the vehicle itself, the instrument panel will "remind" me when service is due. I think I cleared that out successfully. But I'm not sure if it fetches from bluelink or not.

I have *no* idea where the bluelink email notifications fetch their data from.

My monthly report has been telling me I'm overdue for service for the last 2 months, yet when I click on the link, and login to the myhyundai it shows my last service (that I manually entered) properly.

I've done that bluelink service complete thingy in the vehicle which apparently doesn't affect the email notifications.

The email notification also says I've had a recall for the last 4 months, yet when I click on the link and login it shows no recalls.

Not sure if I dare call in and ask them WTH or check w/the dealer.

I know with my old Chevy, if you reset the oil life thingy, it would update OnStar reports. (that's how I knew that the dealership/everyone else would never reset the oil life when I would have it changed because Onstar report would show XX miles until oil change).

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The information display maintenance reminder is driven by the time and mileage since the last manual reset based upon the settings you select in the information display menu.

I had the same problem with the recall links as well.

No clue how Bluelink obtains its information or what it bases reminders on. Probably easiest just to turn the notifications off on the web site and use the information center. That's what I have been doing since day one.

Reactions: mjonis
1 - 14 of 14 Posts