Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Certified Pre Owned SFS (2015) that when I purchased it, the dealer gave me 3 months complementary BlueLink.. Now they are asking me to consider renewing the BlueLink before trial expires..What exactly will I lose when BlueLink expires??? So far I have only received 2 emails of car maintenance reports.. I'm sure there are other items that I MIGHT USE but have yet to find them.. What do you think? Will the Nav System still work without BlueLink??... The dealer is vague when asked.. Opinions??

·
Registered
129 Posts
Your nav will work fine without bluelink. I don't think the cost of it is justified for the service provided. Sometimes I activate it on my Sonata during the winter months for the remote start, but that's it. I don't use any of the other features.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
If your vehicle has STAND ALONE Nav then the Nav will work without Bluelink. Some versions of the 2015 (Like Mine) do not have a Nav radio and have a smaller (3.5 inch I think) display and for that radio the Nav works through Bluelink.

How to tell the difference? If you have to call Bluelink to perform the Nav function then you need Bluelink. If you do it through the radio then it is stand alone.

Depending on your Bluelink package you may have items like remote start that you will lose. You may also lose crash notification which at my age....I consider to be worthwhile. Your mileage may vary.

And shame on your Dealer as they should have walked you through what Bluelink offers so that you can make an educated decision.

Reactions: sanjaym23
1 - 4 of 4 Posts