Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay fellow Tucson owners, how does one not have the flashers going when you use the Blue Link remote start? It's very annoying ? and not good, attracts way to much attention. Everything I'm hearing says that's just how it is. If that's so it's really stupid IMO, the park lights being on solid is great, but flashing is way to annoying for a number of reasons. As bright as our 2019 LED flashers are, it could be annoying for our neighbors at 4 a.m. Also I work right above our police department, my parking is right out front and that's not good either. I'm all for starting an official complaint. Perhaps if enough people get on board we can get an ECU update to change it. Whoever thought flashing lights was a good idea is a moron. (Sorry, but it is just really stupid)IMO.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You cant really do anything from your end other than to let Hyundai know. This has been a complaint since 2016. BlueLink app is very buggy overall with very poor support.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Got rid of my Bluelink after the first year. Waste of money IMO. The only thing it was good for was in case I forgot to lock my doors. The remote start wouldn't warm up the car in the winter and couldn't cool it in the summer.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got rid of my Bluelink after the first year. Waste of money IMO. The only thing it was good for was in case I forgot to lock my doors. The remote start wouldn't warm up the car in the winter and couldn't cool it in the summer.
It's free for 3 years. I for sure won't pay for it.

·
Registered
789 Posts
It's free for 3 years. I for sure won't pay for it.
Unfortunately it's not free for everyone. I think they started the free for 3 years in 2018. Everyone who got the cars prior to that has to pay from year 1 if they want to use it

·
Registered
90 Posts
No, I don't know, but I'd much rather have a key fob remote start system.
I agree. When I first got the Tucson I found it odd that the remote start feature only worked with the blue link app and not via a button on the key fob. Then realized after the free 1 year “trial” of the blue link that Hyundai did this intentionally so that people would pay for the blue link remote subscription. It’s all about making money.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yup,...That's the name of the game. I believe I read in the owners manual ref' my 2016 Sonata with push-button start, that the HAZARDS FLASH AS A SAFETY MEASURE SO THAT ANYONE COMING UP ON THE VEHICLE WILL KNOW THE ENGINE IS RUNNING LOL. Also PAID FOR BLUE-LINK SUBSCRIPTION after my trial for some time on my Sonata,...Not really sure why, because I used it sparingly. And now I have just bought NEW 2019 TUCSON ULTIMATE which has the 3-year COMPLIMENTARY SUBSCRIPTION as you do. Don't know if I'll continue after trial, well see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
And the delay it pretty long from command to actual starting of the car...Makes you think about how long before you leave, you really need to send the command....

·
Registered
792 Posts
My main complaint is that you have to pay for the ability to remote start your vehicle. Many vehicles come with a remote start right on the key fob--that's a better solution. Just a money grab by Hyundai, and I'm not buying it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
it's really bad...
This really hasn't bothered me too much, Its noticeable to the point that I can't do it walking up to the car or to just show people right away. But I figure if I sent it when I'm getting my shoes on or when im at the store at checkout it has always been good to go when I get outside.

I have noticed I somehow trigger it to turn off when I get close to the car and use the keyless entry or open the hatch to put something in the back. I haven't figured out exactly what I'm doing wrong yet but will after more time with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i've only used it once and when it took almost a full minute to start the car, i never used it again... i'm exploring aftermarket options...

that auto turn off might be a safety feature to prevent theft... but it should sense the key in your pocket... when i got into the car, it didn't shut off on me... i could just put the car in gear and go... i thought i had to push the start button to acknowledge take over from the remote start before putting the car in gear, but it wasn't necessary... it acted like the car was already running...

·
Registered
789 Posts
it's really bad...
It's not any different than any other telematics system. I also have a Nissan with same type of feature and it's no different.

You have to consider that first you use the app to send the command which goes to the the servers which then process it and send the signal to the car via LTE cell signal. The car has to receive this call and process it as well. Considering all this, it's not really that slow. Just send the command in advance...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Okay fellow Tucson owners, how does one not have the flashers going when you use the Blue Link remote start? It's very annoying ? and not good, attracts way to much attention. Everything I'm hearing says that's just how it is. If that's so it's really stupid IMO, the park lights being on solid is great, but flashing is way to annoying for a number of reasons. As bright as our 2019 LED flashers are, it could be annoying for our neighbors at 4 a.m. Also I work right above our police department, my parking is right out front and that's not good either. I'm all for starting an official complaint. Perhaps if enough people get on board we can get an ECU update to change it. Whoever thought flashing lights was a good idea is a moron. (Sorry, but it is just really stupid)IMO.
I am with you on the remote start flashers. Neighbors have been annoyed with them from day 1. Asked dealer to stop them to no avail. I like my Tucson Ultimate but this will be my Last Hyundia product. Neither of my other 2 vehicles a Ford Expy and a Chevrolet Tahoe do this with remote start, just parking lights on.

·
Registered
789 Posts
So Hyundai was saying that the blinking of lights when you remote start is a safety feature?

I just got the 2020 Hyundai Palisade and the lights do not blink when remote starting it via BlueLink.

Wife has 2020 Tucson and the lights blink when remote starting.

If it's a "safety" feature why wouldn't the Palisade do that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought the aftermarket remote from 12 volt solutions and we love it. It uses my factory key fob for my push button start Tuscan Ultimate. It took me 10 minutes to install and I didn't cut any wires, totally plug n play. Now when I start the car, the flashers don't flash!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts