Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try not to think about it but the Bluelink remote start is kind of expensive at $198.00 per year. I know I can unlock the doors along with a few other things I hardly use. The Connected car package is required. I never use that. But it's need to have the remote start package. I'd saw it works about 75% of the time. I get a bunch of messages that tell me to call because there was a problem. Then it works if I do it again. Most of the time. There are other things when I go outside to find that it didn't start. Yes, the doors were locked.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Bluelink is useless. It's slow, not very convenient, and when it's 15F out in the winter and the remote start only runs for 10 minutes it's plain useless.

2 years of bluelink = 1 remote start system that runs for 20 minutes and actually warms the car up, and keyless entry.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yea you really can’t justify that $200 Bluelink garbage. When I first bought my 16’ HSH I had the 90 day trial ( I’m not sure if it was 90 days or 120). In that time I have determined that the Bluelink system is really only worth around $5, for me anyways. Yup, $5. I get free apps from the Apple store daily that run impeccably. But to pay $200 for an app that will sometimes run?! Nope. In that trial period, I cannot recall once where the remote start worked properly. I’d attempt to remote start my HSH and several minutes later walk into my garage to find the **** car still didn’t start. Upon talking to tech support, they informed me it could be a few minute delay between initializing the start and the car actually starting. What a complete useless option. Hyundai should be ashamed of themselves.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've found it to be about 30 seconds from the time I enter my code to the time the car starts. Then add another 30-60 seconds for me to wait for the app to open so I can enter the code. Fingers crossed that it works after that. The main thing that I like about the app when it works is I don't have to be in range. I can start the car while I'm in the mall. My biggest complaint besides the app not working all of the time is the hazard lights flashing. That attracts to much attention.

·
Registered
2020 Sonata Limited (White)
59 Posts
I haven't any problems with my 2017 HSH starting remotely. Yes the application is slow, but on the other hand you don't have to be in key fob range to use it. I don't use it much in the winter, but it's handy in the summer when the temperatures are in the near 100F range. It takes about 10 minutes to walk from the office to the car. If I start it just before leaving for the day, by the time I get there it's cooled down quite a bit.

I agree with the flashing lights sentiment. Other vehicles I've owned with this feature just turned on the parking lights. I much prefer that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts