Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to figure out an issue with Bluelink not working.
2020 Sonata that I bought new about 6 months ago from a dealer. They setup the Bluelink through the app on my IPhone and verified it worked when I bought it and used it a few times (remote start, etc...) during the first couple of weeks just to play with it. Hadn't used it for awhile but with winter coming around the corner wanted to make sure I could remote the start the car. Hit the start button, it went to pending, and then pops up an error stating in the problem persists contact the help number. I have tried several remote functions multiple times over the last couple of weeks with the same issue. My app also shows a "vehicle connectivity warning" note on it and states it could be because the car has not been started in several days (drive it every day), battery is dead (obviously not), or not getting WiFi (tried several locations). The vehicle status that shows the fuel level does work, but seems to have at least a 24 hour delay before it updates (i.e. it will show 20% fuel level for 24 hours AFTER I fill up the tank, then will show 100%.
Call the help number for Bluelink and after about 30 minutes of talking to a guy that sounded like he was underwater nothing was fixed and was told they would send an e-mail in 3-5 days.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
1,037 Posts
Trying to figure out an issue with Bluelink not working.
2020 Sonata that I bought new about 6 months ago from a dealer. They setup the Bluelink through the app on my IPhone and verified it worked when I bought it and used it a few times (remote start, etc...) during the first couple of weeks just to play with it. Hadn't used it for awhile but with winter coming around the corner wanted to make sure I could remote the start the car. Hit the start button, it went to pending, and then pops up an error stating in the problem persists contact the help number. I have tried several remote functions multiple times over the last couple of weeks with the same issue. My app also shows a "vehicle connectivity warning" note on it and states it could be because the car has not been started in several days (drive it every day), battery is dead (obviously not), or not getting WiFi (tried several locations). The vehicle status that shows the fuel level does work, but seems to have at least a 24 hour delay before it updates (i.e. it will show 20% fuel level for 24 hours AFTER I fill up the tank, then will show 100%.
Call the help number for Bluelink and after about 30 minutes of talking to a guy that sounded like he was underwater nothing was fixed and was told they would send an e-mail in 3-5 days.
There's a screen on the infotainment where you can reset or reconfigure the modem. I forget what it's called exactly.

You could also try to update your infotainment to the latest software (read other threads on the subject before you do, to understand what else changes).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's a screen on the infotainment where you can reset or reconfigure the modem. I forget what it's called exactly.

You could also try to update your infotainment to the latest software (read other threads on the subject before you do, to understand what else changes).
I gave the "tech" on the phone all the modem information. There is an "update modem" option but I pushed it a screen popped up that said the update was current.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
1,037 Posts
I gave the "tech" on the phone all the modem information. There is an "update modem" option but I pushed it a screen popped up that said the update was current.
Try updating the infotainment system, as I mentioned previously.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
815 Posts
Modem updates are bundled with the infotainment updates. Check the Hyundai site for the latest version of the firmware and check that against your firmware info screen.

·
Registered
549 Posts
You should try pushing the RESET button on the infotainment screen just below the large dial on the left. On my wife's 2020 Sonata SEL with Conv. Pkg. the Remote functions stopped working and the last status update was about a month ago. I saw the same connectivity messages you referred to. I went to Bluelink Menu on the infotainment system and it said No Network Connection. Under Modem Info all lines were all zeros 0000000-0000. Called the number shown on the App and Bluelink Agent told me to do the steps I had already done. Agent created a case number and a Service ticket for their technicians and was told they would call me within 3 days. A bit later I decided to try the Reset Button. With the Infotainment system on the Bluelink screen I pushed the Reset button, screen went blank for a second then the Hyundai Logo appeared and slowly the radio functions came back on. Then I went back to the Bluelink setup screen and all info values were present and I was able to successfully activate Bluelink. Went to my Bluelink phone app and all Remote functions were restored. Best part, my phone pairings and all music presets remained even after the reset.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will have to look again but did not see any reset button or option. The modem comes up as active but the Bluelink does show inactive, the customer service rep said it appeared connected. The vehicle status is working, though seems slow to updated (that shows fuel level, if the doors are locked, etc...)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will have to look again but did not see any reset button or option. The modem comes up as active but the Bluelink does show inactive, the customer service rep said it appeared connected. The vehicle status is working, though seems slow to updated (that shows fuel level, if the doors are locked, etc...)
There's a tiny little button under the radio knob that you have to press with the tip of a pen. Press and hold for a few seconds and it should reset the radio. This fixed my blue link connectivity issue when I first got my car.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There's a tiny little button under the radio knob that you have to press with the tip of a pen. Press and hold for a few seconds and it should reset the radio. This fixed my blue link connectivity issue when I first got my car.
Found the button and tried the reset and nothing. Called the customer help number today and they had me push the reset button again and nothing changed.

Looking through the settings there is a message that Bluelink is not active and to call the help number. The option that says "activate Bluelink" is grayed out and you can't select it. Under that option is the modem settings which are all populated with numbers and gave them to the rep on the phone (again). I also notice a small symbol in the upper right hand corner of the display that appears to be the Bluelink symbol with a red circle with a cross through it (that typically denotes something is not working).

The vehicle status report (fuel level, doors locked or not, etc...) seems to work most of the time, though usually have to manually refresh the status. As mentioned before, I will pull up the vehicle status and it will show 100% fuel level but haven't filled up for days and it's closer to 1/2 tank, then hit the refresh button and will correct that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Issue finally resolved. As mentioned in my previous post I called the Bluelink help number, the person told me to try to the reset button (tried it 3 different times throughout the day) with no results, provided the server numbers/settings, etc... with no change in the system. I did not pay attention to or check on the system Tuesday morning, however when I got in the car Tuesday evening to drive home I noticed the small Bluelink symbol in the upper right hand corner of the display no longer had the red circle slash through it but rather showed reception/service bars like on a phone. Pulled up the settings and it now had my username and such under the Bluelink activation screen instead of the not active note. Tried the system and now all of the remote functions on the phone appear to work. Assuming they reset my account maybe, or possibly previously hitting the reset button corrected it after it sat??? Even received a follow up call on Wednesday asking if everything was okay.

I'm guessing that during my first call the phone rep didn't properly escalate the issue as all I got were generic e-mails about how to use Bluelink and never any calls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts