Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a 2021 Santa Fe.

I got Bluelink working on my iPhone. Now, I'm trying to get the app working on my Apple Watch 6, but I'm having problems. Every time that I try to execute a remote command from the watch, it comes up with the message "Please log in using your iPhone." I don't know what the message is trying to tell me. I'm already logged to the app on my iPhone. All I can do is tap "OK".

Has anyone seen this behavior? I've tried removing and re-installing the app on both the watch and phone without success.

thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Santa Fe Limited (Portofino Gray)
72 Posts
I had the same issue. I found something that worked for me online. The steps I,followed were:

1. Sign out of the blue link app on you iPhone.
2. Open the watch app and try to initiate a remote command. You will get the “please login on your iPhone“ message.
3. Now open blue link app on iPhone and login to the app.
4. Now try to use the watch app to perform a remote action.

Seemed to work for me. Hopefully it works for you too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same problem. Suggest solution did not work for me. Would love to use my watch but it keep wanting me to login on phone even though I am logged in. Have tried logging completely out of both devices and when prompted to log in on phone keeping watch close. After logging in a s hitting okay nothing happened. Tried the watch again and got the same login on phone message.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So after waiting on hold for 1 hour and 16 minutes with Hyundai customer care I have learned that bluelink and Apple Watch are no longer compatible. There are no plans to make them compatible. There is no fix, Apple Watch just won’t work with bluelink.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am in the US and the Apple Watch app works fine for me. I’m on the latest app version and updated my infotainment system to the latest April 2021 update and it still works. I just remotely unlocked and locked my doors using my watch without issue. I don’t know why Hyundai would tell you it’s not supported when it is (at least for me). The app description for The Blue Link app on the Apple App Store also says it’s supported. I assume you have activated the Blue Link Subscription, and are able to use the iPhone app to remote control the Santa Fe as an active blue link subscription is required.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in the US and the Apple Watch app works fine for me. I’m on the latest app version and updated my infotainment system to the latest April 2021 update and it still works. I just remotely unlocked and locked my doors using my watch without issue. I don’t know why Hyundai would tell you it’s not supported when it is (at least for me). The app description for The Blue Link app on the Apple App Store also says it’s supported. I assume you have activated the Blue Link Subscription, and are able to use the iPhone app to remote control the Santa Fe as an active blue link subscription is required.
Yes, I purchased a new 2021 Santa Fe today. We set up my 3 year blue link subscription up at the dealership and tested it out. My iPhone 11 works fine to control the all features in the app. Each time I try to use the watch it tells me to log in on iPhone. No matter what I have tried I keep getting that message.
I finally called Hyundai blue link support. The agent looked something up on her computer and said the Apple Watch was no longer supported. I told her I was confused because they just told me at the dealership it would work with the Apple Watch and it is listed as compatible on the app in the App Store. She just kept repeating to me that she showed the Apple Watch was no longer supported. I asked her if they were going to fix it and she said there were no plans to do so. Both my iPhone and Apple Watch are running the most recent updates of IOS.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i would try logging out of the blue link app on the iPhone. Then I would force quit both iPhone and watch apps (you can google how to force force quit apps if you dont know how already). Next open watch app. It should say you need to log in on iPhone. Do not hit ok and leave watch app open. Open the Blue Link app on your iPhone and log in. Return to watch app and now hit ok. You should now see options to remote control car. Based on my research you have to follow these steps exactly. Most importantly don’t hit ok on the watch until after you log in on the iPhone. hope this works for you! I got these steps from the following Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hyundai/comments/f1r00w

·
Registered
4 Posts
Done all of that multiple times in that exact order. Saw the same post on Reddit and hoped it would work. No luck. After following the directions exactly I click OK on watch and nothing happens. Even tried the force quit, reboot, logging out of both. I sent a message to the app developer, hoping to hear something back from them But since Hyundai bluelink customer care says it not supported I’m not holding my breath.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Done all of that multiple times in that exact order. Saw the same post on Reddit and hoped it would work. No luck. After following the directions exactly I click OK on watch and nothing happens. Even tried the force quit, reboot, logging out of both. I sent a message to the app developer, hoping to hear something back from them But since Hyundai bluelink customer care says it not supported I’m not holding my breath.
Turn off Face ID into settings in the Hyundai APP. Do the log off and then log in with the iPhone so close to the Apple Watch. It worked for me right now. Apple Watch 3

·
Registered
1 Posts

I got Bluelink working on my iPhone. Now, I'm trying to get the app working on my Apple Watch 6, but I'm having problems. Every time that I try to execute a remote command from the watch, it comes up with the message "Please log in using your iPhone." I don't know what the message is trying to tell me. I'm already logged to the app on my iPhone. All I can do is tap "OK".

Has anyone seen this behavior? I've tried removing and re-installing the app on both the watch and phone without success.

thanks.
I have been having the same problem. I went into the settings on my apple watch and enabled diction, and for reasons unknown, that fixed the problem for me!?! Hope it helps you!

·
Registered
1 Posts

thanks.
I had the same problem and the fix was easy.
on your watch go down to switch vehicle and select you new car. once done you will be able to use your watch with blue link. I have a 2021 Santa Fe and that was my fix.

·
Registered
2022 Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5T
490 Posts
I too had run into the “please log in on phone” response from Bluelink. Selecting “switch vehicle” also gave the same response. But today, after updating to iOS 15, and WatchOS 8, I thought I’d try sorting it out.

steps
1. I started by removing Bluelink from the watch through the watch app on the phone.
2. Delete the Bluelink app from the phone.
3. Reset both watch and phone.
4. Reinstalled Bluelink on phone
5. Added Bluelink to watch through watch app
6. Launch Bluelink on phone and logged in.
7. Launch Bluelink on watch
8. Select “Vehicle Status” on watch, “please login on phone” message appears.
9. Logout of Bluelink on phone, and log back in.
10. Retry “vehicle status” on watch and it works!

Frankly, it wouldn’t be the end of the world if it didn’t work. The Bluelink notifications from the phone app still appeared on the watch when sending actions.

·
Registered
1 Posts

thanks.
I was having the same issue. Go to settings and turn off enable Touch ID. close the app on your phone. Once you reopen you should be able to use the remote settings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i would try logging out of the blue link app on the iPhone. Then I would force quit both iPhone and watch apps (you can google how to force force quit apps if you dont know how already). Next open watch app. It should say you need to log in on iPhone. Do not hit ok and leave watch app open. Open the Blue Link app on your iPhone and log in. Return to watch app and now hit ok. You should now see options to remote control car. Based on my research you have to follow these steps exactly. Most importantly don’t hit ok on the watch until after you log in on the iPhone. hope this works for you! I got these steps from the following Reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Hyundai/comments/f1r00w
After trying all the others on this forum, the above worked for me. Thanks for the help

1 - 17 of 17 Posts