Hyundai Forums banner

Blue Tooth Compatable Phones

6K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  fear24 
#1 ·
Since phones turn over at the speed of light, listed phones are out dated. If we keep this thread clean with just the necessary information maybe we can get it stickied. Please look through the thread and only add your phone if you dont see it. Ill try to keep up with the thread and edit this first post with a list.

If you have a blue tooth phone and use it in your Hyundai please list the following.

1) Manufacturer
2) Model
3) Any OS updates that might have been applied.
4) Any issues. Be BRIEF. We dont need a saga; just a "this doesn't seem to work" type phrasing. We will leave trouble shooting to another thread.
5) Car Model
6) Stereo Type (Nav/Non-Nav).

EVO
  • 4G (jambaJoe)
    • No OS indicated
    • Works fine w/ phone and bluetooth audio streaming EXCEPT if I authorize address book sync. Then the phone goes slow, the phone app becomes almost nonresponsive, phone bluetooth connection disconnects.
    • SE Turbo
    • Radio type not Specified.

See less See more
#4 ·
Sonata Turbo SE

Phone: Sprint EVO 4G.

Works fine w/ phone and bluetooth audio streaming EXCEPT if I authorize address book sync. Then the phone goes slow, the phone app becomes almost nonresponsive, phone bluetooth connection disconnects, and after all that, the only way to fix it is by reseting the phone and turning off the car and turning it on again in order to make a new connection =(

#6 ·
2011 Sonata Limited w/ NAV Screen + Infinity Audio

iPhone 3GS
4.1 Software Ver (Note: B4 this Ver update "Updating Contacts" seen on Nav Screen would FREEZE and I Could Not view Contacts via Screen for up to 2 days; Fixed w/ Ver 4.1)

Bluetooth used Only for iPhone use & All is well.
.... (Note: I mistakenly thought the Steering Wheel "Call Button" could "Answer" an Incoming Call - it does not - and the Manual states it is for Placing & Transfer of Calls. Reaching to Nav Screen to Press "Accept" (call) is No Big Deal BUT I'm surprised the Call Button Cannot "Answer".

#8 ·
Sonata SE - base audio non nav

LG Env 3
SW Version VX920V07
Bluetooth Version 2.1 +EDR

I had to get a new model of my phone (was still under warranty) because the software wasn't up to date. Because of that, it did not automatically pair (even when it was set as first priority). You had to manually pair it after bluetooth was turned on. Now it works perfect (had new phone for about 2.5 weeks).

#9 ·
1) Manufacturer - Samsung

2) Model - Google Nexus S

3) Any OS updates that might have been applied. - Only moble phone running 2.3 Gingerbread (2.3.3 now )

4) Any issues. Be BRIEF. We dont need a saga; just a "this doesn't seem to work" type phrasing. We will leave trouble shooting to another thread. - works fine. Last Name first (GRRRRR)

5) Car Model - Sonata SE

6) Stereo Type (Nav/Non-Nav). -with Nav

#10 ·
RIM
BlackBerry Bold 9000
o 5.0
o I cannot get Bluetooth streaming to work - calling works great, I can call anyone by name but streaming is not working.**
o SE 2.0T
o Non-Nav

**I got the streaming to work through BlueTooth, you just have to start playing first. This also works with Pandora (which is awesome!).

I'm still switching to the HTC Thunderbolt.

#11 ·
Samsung
Verizon - Alias 2 (model #SCH-U750). [Phone recently renamed the Samsung Zeal]
Will pair, but then goes into non-stop incoming call loop. In a nutshell, Alias 2 unusable with system
GLS
Non-Nav

Motorola
TracFone - w376g
Fully functional, however phonebook downloading not supported
GLS
Non-Nav

#14 ·
1) Motorola
2) Droid
3) Android 2.2.1
4) No MAJOR issues, the bluetooth connection needs to be toggled "sometimes" with a free app I downloaded but it generally connects everytime, I do have the reversed contacts but I use the phone to press the name I need to call, or the calls come in and I press the answer button on the steering wheel.
5) '11 SE
6) With NAV

I love the Bluetooth streaming feature and I use it everyday I think it sounds amazing, this phone seems to work great with the Sonata

#15 ·
1) Apple
2) iPhone 3G
3) iOS 4.1
4) When synched, contacts are LAST NAME FIRST NAME: when using coice recognition to call a contact with multiple phone numbers, the system sometimes asks CALL HOME OR CALL MOBILE and sometimes displays the numbers and asks for the LINE NUMBER (i.e. which line on the display - line 1, lince2...)
5) 2011 SE 2.0T
6) Nav

#17 ·
1) Apple
2) iPhone 4
3) OS 4.21
4) Must use last name then first name. I do not sync the directory because I have too many contacts. System works well and asks me if I want to dial home, work or mobile by name or line on the screen.
4) 2011 Sonata Limited
5) NAV

Wish it allowed me to add contacts from the car screen. I too use the media streaming feature and it works great. I can switch songs from the steering wheel. I also have the Hyundai cable and that works well too.

#18 ·
QUOTE (CamiDoll2 @ Jan 29 2011, 10:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=396158
HTC Incredible
Android Version 2.2
Verizon
2011 Sonata SE Auto With Nav
No issues

Sales person paired it for me when I bought the car.

Same phone and car except no NAV....pairs but that's about it. Doesn't work at all for me! :evil:

#19 ·
QUOTE (BigSlick @ Jan 31 2011, 03:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=396745
Same phone and car except no NAV....pairs but that's about it. Doesn't work at all for me! :evil:
Weird...I have a NAV and 2.2 Incredible as well. No issues. Have you run through the trick of deleting the paring on both the phone and the car and redoing it?

EDIT: Oh yeah, stock or rooted Driod?

#20 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Jan 31 2011, 08:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=396884
Weird...I have a NAV and 2.2 Incredible as well. No issues. Have you run through the trick of deleting the paring on both the phone and the car and redoing it?

EDIT: Oh yeah, stock or rooted Driod?
My phone is stock, not rooted and yes I've tried that. It pairs and on my phone it shows that its connected for voice and media...then the voice part disappears after a minute or so and it just shows that its connected to media. But it still never plays music through the BT either. When I hit the call button, the radio acts like its gonna download the phonebook but then nothing happens. It's very frustrating, especially when I read about other people having no issues. Maybe there is a difference between NAV and no NAV.

#21 ·
QUOTE (BigSlick @ Jan 31 2011, 09:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=396905
My phone is stock, not rooted and yes I've tried that. It pairs and on my phone it shows that its connected for voice and media...then the voice part disappears after a minute or so and it just shows that its connected to media. But it still never plays music through the BT either. When I hit the call button, the radio acts like its gonna download the phonebook but then nothing happens. It's very frustrating, especially when I read about other people having no issues. Maybe there is a difference between NAV and no NAV.
Take it to a dealership and then take YOUR phone and pair it to another car and see if you get the same issue. They should be more than accommodating.

#23 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Jan 31 2011, 09:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=396909
Take it to a dealership and then take YOUR phone and pair it to another car and see if you get the same issue. They should be more than accommodating.
Great idea...don't know why I didn't think to do that.
I'm dropping my car off Thursday ti get some scratches fixed so I'll try to remember to do try it out. I'll keep you posted on the outcome.

#26 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Jan 31 2011, 09:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=396909

Ok so I dropped my car off tonight and got my rental GLS and it does the same thing. Gonna try to ask someone tomorrow when I get mine back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.