Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So today, when I pressed the Blue Link button, an automated message told me that Blue Link had detected a problem with my car, and that I should bring it into the dealership as soon as possible.

It then connected me with an operator. When I asked her what the message meant, she could not tell me. All she could do is confirm that there is "a problem" with my car. Wouldn't tell me anything else.

No clue if it's a tail light that is out, or if my engine is about to fall out.

Anybody else have this message before?

I have plans this weekend... and would hate to have to cancel them over something like a tail light.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Surely they must be able to tell you what it is? Can you do a visual inspection of all fluids and lights? Check engine light on? Tyre pressures correct?

Do all that then call them, ask them to run the diagnostics again

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can log into your bluelink account through myhuyndai.com or your phone app. There's a diagnostic section that you can check out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks y'all.

Surely they must be able to tell you what it is? Can you do a visual inspection of all fluids and lights? Check engine light on? Tyre pressures correct?

Do all that then call them, ask them to run the diagnostics again
I opened the hood. Yup, looked like an engine in there. That's about my level of expertise. :)

In all seriousness though, no lights, tires look visually okay, fluids look okay.

According to Blue Link, the vehicle diagnostics is only run once a month, and it's not my time of the month yet.

You can log into your bluelink account through myhuyndai.com or your phone app. There's a diagnostic section that you can check out.
I tried that... The website tells me nothing, and the phone app tells me even less. (everything is grayed out) Apparently, I have to wait until Sept 9th to get my report (1 month of ownership)

With all this technology, you would think it wouldn't be this difficult...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Bluelink is a joke.. I called as a dealer tech.. fella on phone didn't know anything.

He couldnt even search files on their end to know why the customer was contacted or tell me what code they in the supposed system in question at fault.

Can you imagine what it is like as a service person when ticket says -- Customer states Blue Link advises problem with car" .. Where do you start and not waste a bunch of time I aint getting paid for on a "fishing trip"...

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bluelink is a joke.. I called as a dealer tech.. fella on phone didn't know anything.

He couldnt even search files on their end to know why the customer was contacted or tell me what code they in the supposed system in question at fault.

Can you imagine what it is like as a service person when ticket says -- Customer states Blue Link advises problem with car" .. Where do you start and not waste a bunch of time I aint getting paid for on a "fishing trip"...
That's great... lol

As a software tech, where I frequently have to diagnose users who tell me "it doesn't work"... the last thing I want to do is do the same to the service tech.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I doubt that Hyundai could use a failure to follow Bluelink guidance as an excuse to void your warranty, but if they have access to the diagnostic messages, you never know how that information might be used. To err on the side of caution, I would just jot down some notes about this and throw it in your auto maintenance file. If there is a question down the road about a diagnostic message you did or didn't get, or what it did or didn't say, you can quickly refresh your memory.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Prime example of how Bluelink is virtually worthless.

- Mark
It's good for locking/unlocking your car, and starting the engine remotely. Other than that, I just hope that if I'm in a bad accident, it senses the air bag deployment and calls the authorities to my location, like it's supposed to. Of course those critical features are ones you can't test until you really need them.

Pretty much the same as OnStar, which I had with my Buick Enclave.

·
Registered
893 Posts
It's good for locking/unlocking your car, and starting the engine remotely.
I don't have a remote starter, but I tried the remote lock/unlock feature during my Bluelink trial and sometimes it happened in a minute, other times in an hour. If the remote start has the same unpredictable delays, I don't see this feature being very useful either.

- Mark

·
Registered
237 Posts
I don't have a remote starter, but I tried the remote lock/unlock feature during my Bluelink trial and sometimes it happened in a minute, other times in an hour. If the remote start has the same unpredictable delays, I don't see this feature being very useful either.
Have never experienced delays myself, and I find it reliable. I frequently start my SF a few minutes before I go out to the garage so it is cooled down, and so far it has been 100% reliable (except for the times that I forgot my car was unlocked, in which case remote start won't work).

Perhaps it has something to do with your location, and the strength of the signal, although I wouldn't think that would matter since I believe it finds your car and sends the signal via satellite.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I wish we could remotely lower and raise the windows remotely. I was counseling an employee when a massive rainstorm hit. Couldn't get up and go out right then. Fortunately, another employee did it for me, but it occurred to me that the app would be more useful that way.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I wish we could remotely lower and raise the windows remotely. I was counseling an employee when a massive rainstorm hit. Couldn't get up and go out right then. Fortunately, another employee did it for me, but it occurred to me that the app would be more useful that way.
On my previous two cars, I could hold down the "Unlock" button on the fob as I approached, and the windows would roll down. Very convenient for letting the hot air out as I walked up to my car.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable having my windows roll down if I wasn't there... here in Florida, it's quite common to be completely sunny on one side of a building, and downpouring on the other.

And for safety reasons, I doubt the lawyers would allow rolling up the windows remotely... concern about someone having a body part getting pinched, etc. Even with pinch protection, recoil, etc, I don't see it happening.

·
Registered
474 Posts
On the subject of Bluelink problems, I have received several e-mails from Bluelink saying they received a "security alert message at xxxx location at xxx time", or somehting like that. Anyone get a message like that before?
The times that I received that message I had been in the car and had adjusted the inside rearview mirror. With all the buttons on the bottom of the mirror I may have hit one. I try to use both hands before I move off now or very carefully use one hand when driving. I am guessing I must have hit the button. Don't know which one.

·
Registered
389 Posts
On my previous two cars, I could hold down the "Unlock" button on the fob as I approached, and the windows would roll down. Very convenient for letting the hot air out as I walked up to my car.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable having my windows roll down if I wasn't there... here in Florida, it's quite common to be completely sunny on one side of a building, and downpouring on the other.

And for safety reasons, I doubt the lawyers would allow rolling up the windows remotely... concern about someone having a body part getting pinched, etc. Even with pinch protection, recoil, etc, I don't see it happening.
hmm, I'm going to try that one to see if it works. I do see the point about the rolling up of windows and body parts.

·
Registered
893 Posts
On the subject of Bluelink problems, I have received several e-mails from Bluelink saying they received a "security alert message at xxxx location at xxx time", or somehting like that. Anyone get a message like that before?
I had three or four "false alarms" in the six-months I had BL.

- Mark

·
Registered
474 Posts
On the subject of Bluelink problems, I have received several e-mails from Bluelink saying they received a "security alert message at xxxx location at xxx time", or somehthing like that. Anyone get a message like that before?
The times that I received that message I had been in the car and had adjusted the inside rearview mirror. With all the buttons on the bottom of the mirror I may have hit one. I try to use both hands before I move off now or very carefully use one hand when driving. I am guessing I must have hit the button. Don't know which one.

Got the message again this morning. Didn't touch the mirror this time. Here it is:

"We received the following alert from your 2013 Santa Fe Sport 5XYZU3LA3DG057472
Type: Alarm Alert
Date: 08/27/2013
Time: 10:19 AM CST

Anyone ever get this message?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts