Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first year of Blue Link expired a couple weeks ago, it was paid by my dealer as part of the purchase deal.

I dont use it much other than it gets me an insurance discount because of the stolen car recovery and location features and occasionally Ill double check that Ive locked the car using the app. I wasn't going to renew at the yearly price with the current 15% discount on the website which = $ 99 for each service = $183.90 a year vs $ 199. But then I found a couple threads on here from last year about discounts for renewing after an expired subscription. None of them worked.

I decide to call Blue Link and asked about any additional discount for renewal and I was offered 25% off yearly rate instead of the 15% on the web so I did renew at $ 149 a year for both services.

So if anyof you do use the service and are up for renewal, call and ask for additional discount dont just auto renew off the Bluelink site.

·
Registered
258 Posts
know what, I hadn't even connected the fact that we could get an insurance discount because of bluelink. thanks for that somewhat obvious (but not to me) tip. also thanks for the other information, this is great and my "trial" expires on the 20th

·
Registered
2017 Sonata 2.4GDI Limited, Tech Package, 32,000 miles
1,076 Posts
I also waited until just before expiry and got a good discount. I don't believe there's much support by owners for BL and hence the easy discounts. BL customer service sucks when you need it though. No one there very knowledgeable.

Same with Sirius XM. Most I've paid is $5 per month.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
Back in 2012 when I got my Sonata, we only received 3 months of free blue link and I never renewed it! Wonder if I would get a discount now!

·
Registered
672 Posts
I was without Bluelink for a while for my '15 because I didn't want to pay the high price of it, but I got super lucky and signed up for their black Friday special last year. It's basically $5/mo for each of the services for the life of ownership. I signed up for the Connected Care and Remote (don't need Guidance), so I'm doing $10/mo ($120/yr) for Bluelink. Something to look into when November comes around.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I was without Bluelink for a while for my '15 because I didn't want to pay the high price of it, but I got super lucky and signed up for their black Friday special last year. It's basically $5/mo for each of the services for the life of ownership. I signed up for the Connected Care and Remote (don't need Guidance), so I'm doing $10/mo ($120/yr) for Bluelink. Something to look into when November comes around.
I’ll try calling in November and see what they have to offer!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Forgot to mention that I saw the offer via email, so you might wanna sign up for the periodical email newsletter so, hopefully, they send you something nice as well.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
out of curiosity, OP, what did you pick as the anti-theft device for your insurance?
Im with mercury Insurance and my agent asked about alarms/anti theft so I told him the about the Bluelink and it has the remote shutdown and locator (like lojack) and they just applied a discount, we get the same discount on my wifes Hummer H2 that has On Star.

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
out of curiosity, OP, what did you pick as the anti-theft device for your insurance?
Im with mercury Insurance and my agent asked about alarms so I told him the about the Bluelink and it has the remote shutdown and locator (like lojack) and they just applied a discount, we get the same discount on my wifes Hummer H2 that has On Star.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Im with mercury Insurance and my agent asked about alarms so I told him the about the Bluelink and it has the remote shutdown and locator (like lojack) and they just applied a discount, we get the same discount on my wifes Hummer H2 that has On Star.

nice. I have GEICO and they have a LoJack option. I quoted the change, and I save $3 on my premium hahah better than nothing!

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice. I have GEICO and they have a LoJack option. I quoted the change, and I save $3 on my premium hahah better than nothing!
Not much $ but still something better than none.

I dont remember the exact amount but I believe ion our cars it lowers the comprehensive (stolen , loss ) by about 25-30 a car every 6 months so with my policy, sonata, H2 and Mustang GT(lojack) its $ 75 + every 6 months

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Hopefully they'll be doing the same in 35 months when my trial expires.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My current Blue Link subscription for the Connected Care and Remote Plans were expiring at the end of the month. When i logged into the Blue Link subscription plans on the myHyundai website, I was shown pricing of $99 each per year to keep these two plans. I called the customer service line to try and negotiate a better price to keep these as I decided that it was not worth it at the published price. I was given a reduction of 25% to stay with these two plans for the next 12 months. So instead of $198 I accepted the offer which equates to $148.50. Still too expensive but I do use the features offered by the two plans and decided go ahead and make another 12 month subscription. Moral of story - if you want to keep any of the Blue Link plans, call and ask for a discount before renewing if you want to save some cash.

Reactions: Symatk and Phych

·
Registered
12 Posts
I paid the $198.00 last year which is a crazy price considering all we want is to use the app to start the car in the winter. Hyundai did an auto renew on my credit card this year that pissed me off because they did not give me a heads up to check to see if I still wanted the service or even owned the car. I called them and waited on hold for 10 minutes and then hung up and called my bank and disputed the charge and won. I bought a new Ford a few months ago that has same features and is free for life. I asked them you mean I can use this app to start my car (and do a ton of other things) and it free for life? What a concept. I guess I am flagged in the Hyundai computer because no deals for me. The 2017 Sonata Limited was my 3rd brand new Hyundai since 2012 and will be the last for this family. $200.00 a year for someone wanting a start app to work is highway robbery.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I paid the $198.00 last year which is a crazy price considering all we want is to use the app to start the car in the winter. Hyundai did an auto renew on my credit card this year that pissed me off because they did not give me a heads up to check to see if I still wanted the service or even owned the car. I called them and waited on hold for 10 minutes and then hung up and called my bank and disputed the charge and won. I bought a new Ford a few months ago that has same features and is free for life. I asked them you mean I can use this app to start my car (and do a ton of other things) and it free for life? What a concept. I guess I am flagged in the Hyundai computer because no deals for me. The 2017 Sonata Limited was my 3rd brand new Hyundai since 2012 and will be the last for this family. $200.00 a year for someone wanting a start app to work is highway robbery.
You know who does the same thing Lexus. They have remote start built into every car but charge for it. They will disable the feature to start the car from the remote if you don't pay the fee. However it's only $80 a year. So if Lexus can charge less than Hyundai, WTF are they thinking. Its a Hyundai people cross shop with a Nissan, they need to get their ego in check.

·
Registered
222 Posts
When I bought my 2015 Sonata Sport back in July, I checked into the BL service and was shocked at the prices. All I wanted was the navigation feature but I'm not paying $99 per year for something I would not use on a regular basis. I just use my Android phone and my BT headset to hear the directions while I listen to my music.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts