Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the new 2013 gls with a key start ignition, and I want to use blue link to remote start it? Is this possible? Do I have to get the push button start from hyundai to do this, or can I even by the push button start switch.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Coop

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm taking an educated guess, but I'd say that your bcm is not even able to do the push button start. You also don't have the prox sensors and everything to make it work. Even if you could make it work, it'd cost a fortune and what would you do with the gaping hole in the steering column? . Your better to go Aftermarket in that case.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I am afraid you cannot remote start your GLS through BlueLink.

That feature only applies to vehicles which come with the Start push button, namely the Limited and GLS with Premium package.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You would think they could make it work with some kind of starter sensor that blue link would work through?
I like the fact that with blue link, thee is no distance issues.

Anyone added the oem fog lights, and switch, or can it not be done as well?
You would think they would make the car to be able to add any oem accessories available for it, and all be plug and play?

·
Banned
532 Posts
Not with BlueLink, aftermarket will work though ..... and is cheaper in the long run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You would think they could make it work with some kind of starter sensor that blue link would work through?
I like the fact that with blue link, thee is no distance issues.

Anyone added the oem fog lights, and switch, or can it not be done as well?
You would think they would make the car to be able to add any oem accessories available for it, and all be plug and play?
I don't think you'd want to add the factory fog lights with switch. You can probably fashion up an aftermarket switch and use factory fog lights with custom wiring to a switch on the panel. But the fog light switch is actually on the lighting lever on the steering column.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Not with BlueLink, aftermarket will work though ..... and is cheaper in the long run.
It's only cheaper if you subscribe to BlueLink for the sole purpose of having remote start. If you subscribe for all the other features, the remote start is essentially free.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts