Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know most of you don't subscribe to Blue Link Remote Start but, for those that do, I was wondering if there is a way to have the heated seats come on when you start the car remotely? I have a 2016 SFS Ultimate. I understand the heater will heat the interior to the desired temp set on the dash, and the heated steering wheel will remain on if it was on when the car was turned off, but I can't figure how the seats would come on. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Not available. Cannot be commanded on.

Even for GM as large as it is....Not all models have that feature.

On the plus side.....At least on our 2015 and 2017...They are some of the best heated seats on the market. Nice and warn in two minutes or less even on very cold days. Much better than those of some competitors in my opinion.

Reactions: jbc77 and AK103U

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Greysave. That's what I thought but was thinking I might have missed some other "trick" to make sure the seats come on when the car is started remotely. I also agree with you that the seats do heat up fast and provide more than enough heat in the seat and lower back.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I have to say that while the newer GM seat heaters are weak by comparison, the better GM remote start systems are great. They can be set through the menu to turn on the seat heaters and / or the rear defogger when the air temp falls below the factory programmed temp. That would be a nice feature to have. On the 2017 and newer Santa Fe you can remote start and adjust the temp settings and airflow direction (Select defroster) through the blue link app, web site, or via Amazon Alexa. It takes a few individual voice commands to so it through Alexa but it is pretty slick.

The one thing I wish Hyundai would take note of is to offer revised software to change the remote start hazard flashers to just the parking lights. I'd probably pay for that one :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good point about the flashers. Nothing says "Hey, look here, I'm already running and easy to steal by just breaking the window".

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Deano.....The engine WILL shut down in about 20 seconds or so if it does not detect a key once you open a door or try to move the vehicle after a remote start. Now if you actually start the engine or it sees the key and then you walk away someone can drive off and use it until they shut the engine down or it runs out of fuel. But on a remote start the vehicle cannot be stolen that easily.

I, and I am sure my neighbors, find the flashing lights annoying.....

Reactions: mogleybear

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I didn't know that about the engine shutting down if no key is present after a remote start and someone attempts to steal it. Guess you learn something new every day. I also agree that the flashers are annoying.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Give it a try to verify. I made the mistake of unlocking and opening the door to full out a snow brush without it seeing the key / my stepping on the brake with the key present and it shut down somewhere in that 15 second area IF my memory serves me correctly.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I know our 14' LWB will shut down in what seems like about 10 seconds if it doesn't detect the key after opening a door. That is a nice anti-theft feature, but I agree, the flashing hazards are annoying. I would also pay for the update to change it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts