Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Santa Fe Sport Limited 2.0T AWD
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

Does any know if Blue Link is an option or a possibility for a 2018 Santa Fe Limited? I know it is for the Ultimate but wanted to know if this might be possible for the Limited.

Cheers!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi there.

Anyone with insight into BlueLink... who would no if this would become an option on the 2018 Limited?

Cheers!

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,603 Posts
In the USA Blue Link is available for all newer Hyundais. The level of services varies based on your model, for instance some will only get the maintenance history, current status, door lock and unlock and direct SOS and call to BlueLink for questions and service and some models get remote start, temp control and more. Go to https://www.hyundaiusa.com/bluelink/index.aspx and check your vin to see what features you can get

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there.

Anyone with insight into BlueLink... who would no if this would become an option on the 2018 Limited?

Cheers!
I have a Santa Fe Sport with the Group 02 package. I believe as long as you have the push button start the Blue Link is available.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses everyone.

That's strange, as the dealership that I went to mentioned that it was not an option. I just also got off the phone with Hyundai Canada who confirmed that BlueLink is not available on the 2018 Santa Fe models and will not be available as an option... something to do that it would need to be retrofitted with a head unit module and that they would have their own SIM card.

I guess this is only available in the US on certain trim levels.

I'm on the cusp of buying a new 2018 Santa Fe Limited, but I really wanted the option of having my iPhone be able to start / stop the car. This may be a deal breaker for me :(

Cheers!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I ended up going with a 2018 Santa Fe Sport Limited, which I'll be picking up later this week...

I've given up hope on the BlueLink for the Santa Fe and will be exploring the Smart Start option via Viper. I currently have the Viper starter on my 2009 Santa Fe, which was installed 1.5 years ago. I have removed this starter and will then have it installed on my new 2018 Santa Fe.

I've learned that there is an option to add a Viper Smart Start to my existing Viper starter. I'm going to explore further to see what's involved and what pricing is available.

I'm curious to know if anyone else has installed a starter with their 17/18 Santa Fe and has the mobile device option added. Please share so that we can learn what options are available to us out there.

Cheers!

·
Registered
29 Posts
My wife told me that I was lazy enough as it is, and that i could start the car like normal people when it is cold outside, so my chances of installing one is slim to none

1 - 10 of 10 Posts