Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a recently started paying attention to my Girlfriends 2014 Santa Fe 3.3 7 Seater, I just today ( after her owning it for 2.5 years) downloaded the blue link app to my iphone, it seems to be real sketchy and work 70% of the time, and when it does start the hazzards are flashing 100% of the time! Am I dumb? I cant seem to find a "settings" in the ap or online that lets me not have this happen?

Thanks!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Not sure why they did this, but it is a default setting that you cannot change. The hazards flash until you open the car. Several people on here have commented that they would like to disable it, even pay to have it done if it could be done (including me) but no solution has been discovered. It takes a while sometimes for ours, but it almost always works.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
My son just bought a used but expensive Volvo... With all the fancy stuff it does it has factory remote. Remote start, walk up to the car and it shuts off when you open the door. I'd rather blink then shut off as many cars seem to do with factory remote.

The remote works off cell reception. So parked indoors or parking areas with little cell service, it may not work.
I was just going to say my 2014 SFS is starting way faster then last year. Took nearly 4+ min to get it to remote start. Now, under 2 min. And that is a lot of time when starting to walk to the car.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Since you are running through the Internet when you use BlueLink there will be times when remote functions are slower than others. If the system is down for maintenance it may not work at all. That is usually done in the very early morning hours to minimize customer inconvenience. BTW.....You can use it to lock the vehicle with the engine running if you need to. I sometimes do that at incident scenes when I need to keep the lights and strobes operating for an extended period of time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife just bought a 2019 veloster with the blue link,well it doesn't work we have called blue link twice now and we are told a engineer will be in contact with us in 72 hrs and guess what that never happens.I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and maybe a solution to get this system up and running.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

We just activated Blue Link this week and it worked fine until we updated the App (required update). Now it just sits and spins. Not sure if its site wide or just us. Are you having the same issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We were force updates today too on wife’s 2017 Azera. Same situation now as everyone else probably. Apple Watch can still work it though until Hyundai software devs screw rhat up also...

Pathetic...

·
Registered
2 Posts
My wife just bought a 2019 veloster with the blue link,well it doesn't work we have called blue link twice now and we are told a engineer will be in contact with us in 72 hrs and guess what that never happens.I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and maybe a solution to get this system up and running.
I have been waiting a week for the same engineer. Rather disappointing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
We've been using Blue Link for the last three years. Haven't really had any major issues except for billing and that happened when we added our second Hyundai. Dealer fixed those. If you are having issues with BL then I would go back to your dealer. I had to vent a little, but got all of my issues resolved through my salesman.

I have noticed that Blue link is affected by the quality of internet available, so that could be a cause of some of the problems. We've done the update and can tell no difference.

To the OP, I agree, I hate the flashing lights. It's like a sign, steal me in the midst of the mall parking lot. I'm hoping that Hyundai and Blue Link will fix this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here. Just got a 2019 Veloster as well. All I get is “request not processed. This feature is currently unavailable. Please try again later”. Waiting on a tech from last week as well. Called tonight and we pretty much told they are backed up and a tech will call me. Very frustrating. Keep us posted on your status.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been waiting a week for the same engineer. Rather disappointing.
I too bought a 2019 Veloster, and Blue Link will not allow the car to be registered. You're right, you wait and wait....I too have not heard anything back...seems customer care could be a lot better!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with my 2016 veloster. I was told to go to the dealer to get the connection error fixed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been having TERRIBLE luck with BlueLink. I've had it for 6 months and I only use it for remote starts. I would say 20% of the time the app won't open. When it does open and I send the request, it only actually starts the care about 60% of the time. Its awful. I can't change any of the notification settings and I have a blank message in my inbox that I can't delete. Its terrible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts