Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I received an email Blue Link promotion, $5 per month for connected care and remote, valid for 3 months. After the 3 months the cost would remain at $10 per month as long as the account was in good standing. I currently have these two packages on a month to month basis, so I figured I would take advantage. You guessed...it came back saying my VIN did not qualify. I then took out my super duper magnifying glass to read all of the print on the email and the legal disclaimer to see where it specified which vehicle this applied to and also that it only applied to vehicles that currently do not have an active description. I looked...and looked and looked and guess what....it was no where to be found.

At that point I called blue link and spoke to a nice little girl who agreed with me that I should qualify based upon the email but according to their system I don't. I asked her to double check with the supervisor and they also said SORRY. At this point I felt discriminated. You sent me an email that said I could subscribe for a service, but when I try to partake in the promotion I am told you don't qualify.
According to the nice little girl the email was probably sent because I had another hyundai that was not currently active. ****, that email should have come with some magic mind reading powers, because there was nothing visible in writing that indicated the promo was only related to applicable VINs.

I don't know what the maximum IQ is to qualify to work in the Hyundai Marketing communications group, but that email should have never been approved to be sent out without a disclaimer that the offer only applies to vehicles without a current blue link subscription. Oh well more negatives to remember when someone ask me "how I like my Hyundai", and "would I buy another one next time I am in the market for a new car".....

·
Registered
941 Posts
What an amazing sob story.. that's such a disappointing event. Yeah if I were you I would really never, ever buy another Hyundai because of this Blue Link email.. I'm going to tell all my friends, too..

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Alantra.....Everyone receives offers from various entities for discounted services / subscriptions. Most are to attract NEW subscribers and are noted as such. If as you state there were no disclaimers or requirements in the fine print....Well, then you have a valid point as far as that is concerned and if it were up to me I might sign you up.

But as Tenergy pointed out,....If something this minor is enough to rankle you...Glad you are not a customer of our Dealership because I can see the writing on the wall......There are many worse things in life to be concerned about :)

Reactions: Basshound

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
784 Posts
Last week I received an email Blue Link promotion, $5 per month for connected care and remote, valid for 3 months. After the 3 months the cost would remain at $10 per month as long as the account was in good standing. I currently have these two packages on a month to month basis, so I figured I would take advantage. You guessed...it came back saying my VIN did not qualify. I then took out my super duper magnifying glass to read all of the print on the email and the legal disclaimer to see where it specified which vehicle this applied to and also that it only applied to vehicles that currently do not have an active description. I looked...and looked and looked and guess what....it was no where to be found.

At that point I called blue link and spoke to a nice little girl who agreed with me that I should qualify based upon the email but according to their system I don't. I asked her to double check with the supervisor and they also said SORRY. At this point I felt discriminated. You sent me an email that said I could subscribe for a service, but when I try to partake in the promotion I am told you don't qualify.
According to the nice little girl the email was probably sent because I had another hyundai that was not currently active. ****, that email should have come with some magic mind reading powers, because there was nothing visible in writing that indicated the promo was only related to applicable VINs.

I don't know what the maximum IQ is to qualify to work in the Hyundai Marketing communications group, but that email should have never been approved to be sent out without a disclaimer that the offer only applies to vehicles without a current blue link subscription. Oh well more negatives to remember when someone ask me "how I like my Hyundai", and "would I buy another one next time I am in the market for a new car".....
While I agree that any offer/email should have the exclusions listed (my Sirius XM offers always clearly state which radio ID they are referring to), about your only recourse is to file a complaint with your State Attorneys General. Granted, I live in NY which is one of the most heavily regulated states in the country, so generally speaking, they have to put all this in the email/offer (or else it's false advertising). Now whether anything will come of it (other than they may adjust *future* offerings with the necessary wording), is another story.

Unfortunately BluLink (not sure if it's actually owned by Hyundai or what) has about zero interest in satisfying customers or retaining them. (Unlike Sirius XM). One of the few downsides to the Hyundai, IMO (although I think the 2018 models come with the 3 year basic sub that you're required to get if you also just want the remote start).

·
Registered
161 Posts
My response would have been, cancel my current subscription and now I am not an existing customer. With my SFS, I did not see anything in BluLink that was worth the cost. But, I am very happy with the car.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I have to say.. Blue Link is not customer friendly. Signing up anyone should be a good thing for them. A 40 min waiting time... is not customer effective. Every car company is doing this, they want $$$ from you every year. I buy Blue Link for the remote start and also an insurance deduction since they can immobilize the car and find it. In Jersey.. that's a $$$ savings deduction. Paying $1K a year for EACH car.. welcome to Jersey.

As I have said, my son just got a used 2016 Volvo CX60.. the original owner bought their remote/customer package until 2020.. non-transferable. But that meant not to another car, so he got them to send him a new password.. change the account to his name, he's paid up to 2020 for his. He said he saved some $450. His car will remote start without the lights blinking.. but open a door, it shuts down, use the remote to open the door, it shuts down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts