Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there are any discounts available for Blue Link renewals or is it still $99 each for the three? I could do without the car care part and just renew the remote start and guidance parts, but I think you have to get all three.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was going to cancel until they sent a email deal for $59 right before my subscription expired. I would never pay $99 for any of them.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If they still do this, you can call and ask to cancel, they usually provide deep discounts the more you argue with them about the price. It happened to me with my old SF. They wanted $99.00 for each of the 3 services they offered. At that time, I did not feel it was worth $300.00 for a year. When I traded in the SF for a SFS earlier this month, I was told that Blue link is now free for 3yrs for all the blue link options.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If they still do this, you can call and ask to cancel, they usually provide deep discounts the more you argue with them about the price. It happened to me with my old SF. They wanted $99.00 for each of the 3 services they offered. At that time, I did not feel it was worth $300.00 for a year. When I traded in the SF for a SFS earlier this month, I was told that Blue link is now free for 3yrs for all the blue link options.
Yup...that's true.

It will be interesting to see how they might "negotiate" after the 3 years is up...but for the original poster with an older vehicle...others have negotiated a lower price.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I wasn't able to negotiate with them, personally.. They let me cancel it without any hesitation. lol

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
782 Posts
I wasn't able to negotiate with them, personally.. They let me cancel it without any hesitation. lol
Yeah, they wouldn't deal at all with me last time either.

My roomate got them to come down 15%, but that's less (if I recall) than if you pre-paid. And that wasn't 15% off the whole thing it was 15% off of the one service, not the base one.

I think they've gone monthly now, so I'm going to switch to that when the time comes. I'll only need it for the winter months anyway.

·
Registered
441 Posts
One idea is to just pick 2 of the 3 services - the ones you prefer/need. That cuts the cost of course by 33%.

My daughter just did that for her "renewal" on her 2017 SFS. She picked Connected Care & Guidance. She actually doesn't use the remote package (but I sure do).

·
Registered
274 Posts
One idea is to just pick 2 of the 3 services - the ones you prefer/need. That cuts the cost of course by 33%.

My daughter just did that for her "renewal" on her 2017 SFS. She picked Connected Care & Guidance. She actually doesn't use the remote package (but I sure do).
The problem is that the base package is the one most people would cut out if they could, but you HAVE to have connected care in order to have guidance or remote start.

·
Registered
317 Posts
My 2 month trial period for the 3 BlueLink services are expiring in a couple weeks. I will only renew the two (dropping the guidance) if I get a discount. Will let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I am lucky I got 36 months free service. I probably won't renew as I don't use it that often and when I really needed it (at the airport) it didn't work.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The problem is that the base package is the one most people would cut out if they could, but you HAVE to have connected care in order to have guidance or remote start.
That's not a problem...as that one of the 3 would be on many people's choice list.

The one I hear most folks consider "expendable" is the remote service (except for those darn millennials - they like anything that has an app - even if they don't use it much... :grin2:)

·
Registered
317 Posts
My free trial run for 3 months of Blue Link that I got with the 2016 Sonata Hybrid CPO was ending tomorrow. I called the Hyundai Blue Link support team and basically asked for their best discount / promotion code if they wanted to keep me as a paid subscriber going forward. I was only interested in the Connected Care and Remote packages as I use my iPhone and Siri for navigation thru Apple CarPlay and did not need the Guidance package.

I was offered a 25% discount for the 12 month service on both. So the standard $99 / year packages times 2 was originally $198 and I got it for $148.50. I was willing to pay ~$12 a month for these services and will evaluate in a year whether I wish to renew. Good luck to all.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
782 Posts
So my renewal was up last month. I called to cancel and was going to take the monthly (since I only mainly use it during "winter" which around here is about 6 months--haha).

They offered 25% discount, so it worked out a little bit more, but I get the full year.
I think monthly is $9.99 x 2 (you have to buy the stupid connected care service to get the remote) and then with taxes, etc, it would've been around $130-140 for 6 months.

But the $148.50/12 months was the better option.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Their customer support sucks! I have owned 6 Hyundai's and called to renew my Blue Link subscription and asked for a discount. They told me since they gave me $10 off last year that they couldn't offer me anything this year. $10 is a whopping 5% off!!! I even spoke with a supervisor and he wouldn't budge either. I told them that I would cancel unless they came up with a decent discount and they told me to go ahead and cancel... Nice way to treat a multi-Hyundai-car owner over the past 10 years!!!

I wrote a letter to corporate hq and told them that their Blue Link customer service needs some work and why. They wrote back and told me that they have my letter on file and more or less don't let the door hit you in the ass...

No more Hyundai's for me... Honda.... here I come!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts