Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to this forum. Just purchased my Sonata hybrid a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying all the great reads on this discussion board.

Wanted to pick the brain of someone familiar with Blue Link. For the first time I have received a message from Blue Link and after calling was told that I have a code 0 and code 168 "Full system check recommended" and "Electronic stability control".

So here are my questions. This Blue link service is a new concept to me, how serious are the alerts I get from them? Are they the equivalent to a check engine light? Do I even have a check engine light if Blue link is there to catch everything?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It runs a diagnostic of your car, the same as if you brought it to a shop and they hook a computer to run diagnostic. You should bring your car in if you are getting codes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same thing here, got my HSH last month, Blue Link ran a vehicle report and said multiple faults detected in power train. Took it to dealer asap and tech said it had multiple faults stored in the memory bank. He then said he cleared them, ran the car for a while and did another diagnostics test, which showed no errors or faults.

Can runs perfect prior to and still, so go figure.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. Took it to the dealer last night and was told if you don't have a check engine light, abs lights, esc light, etc. on then when they run diagnostics nothing will show up for them.

He said Blue Link is "overly" cautious and even the slightest abnormality will cause something to trigger, but does not necessarily mean anything at all is wrong.

He basically told me to ignore the Blue Link unless I get a light on the dash.

He reset the Blue Link messages and sent me on my way. Lets hope he is right.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts