Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 2014 Santa Fe Sport 2.0T a few days ago. When I set up Blue link at the dealer the salesman assured me it would work perfectly with my smartphone for remote starts and etc. HA! I downloaded the app and despite dozens of trys, it says my email & password are not valid. I go to the website -- they work fine. I called " customer service" -- they're clueless. Just the standard apology for the inconvenience. Email to the app developer is ignored. Ditto emails to the "contact us" section on Hyundai's site. Does anybody know how to get the dratted thing working? :confused:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Mine works fine (as long as I have cell phone signal), but mine is set up to not have to enter the info each time. Just choose my vehicle and any action I take asks for my pin#.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't even get that far. I uninstalled the app, reinstalled, and get the same thing. After several increasingly testy emails to "Customer Care", I finally got to talk to someone today who at least knew enough about the technology to converse. She promised to forward the problem to the technical team and also promised I would be contacted within a week. So -- we'll see. I have always been a cage rattler and I'm not above making a loud public stink about this.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The blue link app is based off of your cellular signal and the vicinity of where your vehicle is. If you are too far, it won't work, if it is in a place such as a parking structure where signal is limited, it won't work. There are also a lot of other reasons why it wouldn't work, but those are the ones I tested so far. Basically for it to work ideally, you and your car have to be fairly close to each other, nothing further than 100 meters and your car have to be in a wide open spot where nothing can obstruct the signal. If anyone has tested something different, please share.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now, I'm sitting in my office upstairs in my house. I can see my SF in the garage. It's about 150' away. In fact, the fob works from here. The problem is the app -- it refuses to recognize either my email or my password. Says "invalid", yet both work on Hyundai's website. The BlueLink site says my HTC One with Kit Kat is "Certified" to work with their app. I use Avast security suite -- checked that and it's not blocking that app at all. I have excellent cell and wi-fi signal. I tried the remote start using a phone call and from the website -- both worked and I received a text message confirming that it did. Maybe it's a car software problem that needs attention. Hopefully it gets resolved, because I already told them I wouldn't pay for the service when my free trial expires if it won't work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think your car connects to the internet via its own cell link. Since you can use Blue Link on your cell phone OR through the internet on the www.hyundaiusa.com website there is no requirement that you be anywhere near your vehicle. Only that your vehicle have a link to a cell tower.

Does anyone know what cell service provider Hyundai uses?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HuckD -- Apparently, Hyundai uses Sirius/XM's network. That's what's in the long legalese of the mobile app agreement.
After multiple uninstalls, reinstalls, emails, phone calls -- I've given up on the mobile app. it refuses to recognize my email and password despite changing the PW several times. No response from the developer. Nobody I talked with can figure it out.
So, I emailed them today that I've uninstalled for the last time and that when my 3-month trial of the remote access expires I won't renew. So much for the heavily hyped app -- it doesn't work, at least for me.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've spent the last few days knocking on doors --- electronically,of course. Numerous emails to Hyundai "Customer Care" have produced nothing more than canned responses. Yesterday I was scrolling through websites and found a 2012 - dated site announcing the rollout of the Blue Link service and touting the mobile app. I took a gamble and sent a polite, businesslike email to one of the execs listed. Within a few minutes I got a response that he would see what he could do. I figured that he'd add it to the pile that every exec gets daily and I'd just be shuffled. Imagine my surprise when I got a phone call today from a Hyundai rep who updated all my info and seemed genuinely determined to get to the bottom of this and get it fixed. There's light at the end of the tunnel and maybe this time it's NOT an oncoming train!
I'll keep y'all posted.

·
Registered
104 Posts
We had a few issues with the remote start when we first bought the car. But now it works great for us- it starts without any issues every time. My wife has Sprint and I have Verizon.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I have two 2014 SFS... both cells on Verizon.. We just tap the one we want and do whatever. I can start hers she can start mine.
1. the dealer HAS TO setup the system in the first place. One he's done that, it should work. It did not work until the dealer registered the car.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's an update: After WEEKS of back & forth with Hyundai's "Customer Care" people, I'm no closer to a resolution. NOBODY in that outfit seems to know how to address what appears to be a major software problem. There are literally HUNDREDS of complaints on the web about this app either working sporadically or not at all, yet Hyundai's development company, Agero, can't seem to fix the problem. I filed a formal complaint with the FTC just to get it on file when my free trial expires and I'm expected to pay.
In the meantime, I tried the app on my NOOK HD running Android 2.2, and guess what? It works perfectly! Not even on a CDMA net, just my home wireless system, and I was able to unlock, flash lights, and start the car every time. Yet, on my HTC One I get "invalid email and/or password every time. So something is up with either Verizon or HTC, some small line of code, some little glitch.
I know this is long winded and boring --- but I urge any of you who have also experienced this to join in banging on Hyundai's door by phone or email until they address and FIX the problem. I also told them today that I will be contacting senior management in Korea if this is not resolved soon. I'll bet that they won't want the negative press.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Phone maybe?

Sounds like there is at least a possibility there is a software caching issue on your phone. Since another phone works. Android? Have you already tried to "force stop" and especially "clear data" via the application manager? Look it up or ask if you're not sure how.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not an illiterate -- I've "forced stopped" and disabled, cleared the caches of a lot of the apps especially the bloatware and crapware like the moronic Facebook and Twitter. I forwarded Hyundai screenshots of my phone's setup files -- the software type, IMEI, Mac address, etc. Their so-called "engineers" should be able to figure out code since they wrote it in the 1st place.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm not an illiterate -- I've "forced stopped" and disabled, cleared the caches of a lot of the apps especially the bloatware and crapware like the moronic Facebook and Twitter. I forwarded Hyundai screenshots of my phone's setup files -- the software type, IMEI, Mac address, etc. Their so-called "engineers" should be able to figure out code since they wrote it in the 1st place.
No one said you were illiterate. You posted on a forum looking for help and that's all anyone is trying to do!

I don't use the blue link app so I'm taking a shot in the dark here... Since it works on the nook and not the phone, what settings are different? Is background sync enabled on both, what happens if you airplane mode the phone then turn on just Wi-Fi? Have you tried wiping the cache from the recovery menu? Rooted or stock? Have you tried, even though it's a pain, a factory reset of your phone?

Like I said, just trying to help resolve the issue. :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, sorry I got a little testy. This has been frustrating to say the least. I'm thinking about a reset --- just like doing the old Windows wipes and reinstalls it's a big pain but I'm downloading the HTC sync program so if that works as a backup at least I'll be able to do a faster restore. I did receive a update on the Blue Link to version 2.15 but all it does is adjust some "how to ' videos. It still displays the "not valid" on my email & pw. Can't carry my Nook around everywhere so that's out and I won't buy into any Apple products.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts