Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Are these the replacement LED lights that Shark sells that go into the stock locations? Or did you purchase aftermarket lights that are installed in a non-stock location?

In either case, they look real nice! :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Nov 11 2010, 10:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370808
Are these the replacement LED lights that Shark sells that go into the stock locations? Or did you purchase aftermarket lights that are installed in a non-stock location?
In either case, they look real nice! :)
Waiting for you answer also.....

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
QUOTE (Ric Crouch @ Nov 11 2010, 06:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=370964
Actually, at the brightness of interior lights, even red lights will do a number on your night vision. Have a look at

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/qa/nightvision.htm

especially the paragraph titled "Does the brightness of the red light matter?"

well, yeah. blindingly bright light is blindingly bright light. but red light is easier on the eyes at the same illumination levels. blue light is harsher and affects your night vision more despite the trendy move to blue illumination inside cars. My goal is to make it just bright enough to see what one is doing and thats it. i was thinking the driver's side would be a dimmer red, and the passenger side would be the bright stock light to keep that as an option in case we are looking for something on the floor or need to read something with fine print or whatever. I am also going to put red lights down in the floor wells for night-friendly illumination down there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
The best thing Hyundai could do to improve interior lighting on the Sonata is to add a separate rheostat so that the white instrument lights and the blue center console lights and screen are not controlled by the same one and then they could replace the cool blue with a better color to improve night vision. By the way that was a great article on night vision. I was always taught that blue was the worst color to illuminate anything at night because the eye has great difficulty in focusing on objects illuminated by blue light. Certain wavelengths of green are used with night vision goggles because they don't flare the goggles like other colors do. Night vision goggles are nothing more than two small TV tubes that produce a green image by intensifying ambient light some 10,000 times. Starlight and moonlight are sufficient to illuminate terrain and objects sufficiently to accomplish low level flight at 300-500 feet or lower, air refuel helicopters, conduct black out landings and takeoffs and any number of maneuvers which would be way too risky to attempt without them. The best you can see with goggles is about 20/40 vision, but once you fly on goggles in the low level environment , you never want to fly without them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts