Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2010 new Santa Fe and I hate the blue dash/ readout display on this vehicle. I have a problem seeing the information with the blue readout on the radio and milage readout.
Any way to change?
Thanks

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Unfortunately the only way to change the color is to take out every little LED back there and solder a new one on in the color of your choosing. Not a very efficient method. However, there is a DIY in here somewhere where somebody added a resistor to the rheostat so the dash can be dimmed even more than the factory lets you.

·
Registered
838 Posts
QUOTE (torontonian @ May 13 2010, 02:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322409
Personal preference perhaps, but I absolutely love the blue lighting! Favourite backlighting in a vehicle that I've had yet. Totally beats the tacky green that my old '02 Santa Fe had.
I like the blue lighting myself, it's very clear, plus I liked the previous green Santa Fe lighting, amber color is no so bad either, but you don't know what poor lighting is, till you've had red backlighting as on a Pontiac for example, it really is hard on the eyes, & hard to see, even with good vision, so IMO, be thankful for the blue, or green.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I love the blue...but then again, blue is my favorite color!

My wife's 2010 Odyssey has the old greenish-yellow lighting and it doesn't look near as good. Looks old fashioned!

I love my hi-tech blue! (...jmho)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I like the blue lights, especially when I dim them all the way down at night. Course, I wouldn't have bought the car if I didn't like the dash lights. That's a lot of lookin at something you don't like.

·
Registered
129 Posts
QUOTE (walterecoleman @ May 6 2010, 02:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319973
I just bought a 2010 new Santa Fe and I hate the blue dash/ readout display on this vehicle. I have a problem seeing the information with the blue readout on the radio and milage readout.
Any way to change?
Thanks
I changed the front & rear fogs, low beam level regulator and dashboard lights intesity buttons LEDs with white ones. The ESP OFF button now lights up in yellow. It looks very nice. Next I`m going to change the LEDs of the buttons for the 4WD LOCK and heating of the seats. When I finish with all of the buttons I`ll take some pictures. The light now is pure white and the ESP OFF- yellow.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
And rear fog lights, too!!! :grin: We don't get those here in the States even though they are legal so I have retrofitted a set to my '04, complete with the OEM switch. While I only use them when it is legal and appropriate, it's nice to have them. I just wish everybody else who did knew when to use them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts