Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. Recently, battery died and car start won't start. I jumped the car to start the car but battery won't charge and car shuts off after removing the jump cable.

I then replaced the battery and was able to start the car but no A/C, power windows, radio and no power steering. Dashboard is displaying Battery light, Airbags, and EPS light. After driving 5-6 miles the new battery died.

I then removed the alternator and AutoZOne tested it was bad. I replaced the Alternator and fully charged my battery but still no power steering,no power windows, no A/C and radio. Dashboard still showing those lights. It apears the alternator is not charing the battery or working.

Please help! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have a 2008 Hyundai Elantra. Recently, battery died and car start won't start. I jumped the car to start the car but battery won't charge and car shuts off after removing the jump cable.

I then replaced the battery and was able to start the car but no A/C, power windows, radio and no power steering. Dashboard is displaying Battery light, Airbags, and EPS light. After driving 5-6 miles the new battery died.

I then removed the alternator and AutoZOne tested it was bad. I replaced the Alternator and fully charged my battery but still no power steering,no power windows, no A/C and radio. Dashboard still showing those lights. It apears the alternator is not charing the battery or working.

Please help! Any suggestions?
did you check all your fuses relays, fuseable links etc etc under dash and hood?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Likely jumped backward initially and pop misc fuses and link for alternator.. DVOM and probing each fuse leg for source voltage, and replacing those found to be open circuit

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: The 125V fuse for the alternator has blown. Checked Pepboys and AutoZone but they don't carry the part. Hopefully, that's the problem. I will check the Hyundai dealers for part. Thanks everyone!!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Uhh, yes.. that fuse is in the line from battery to alternator.. check voltage at back of alternator, likely find it to be "0.00" volt

The 125A will allow voltage to / from alternator. Anything else inop will be an open fuse that you going to have to go find.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update: :)EPS light is gone! A/C and power windows are working.
Dashboard shows just the Airbag light ON , Break Light ON and radio not working now.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
SRS light likely going to be a low voltage code, going to need GDS to diag that one..

The ABS and BRAKE will likely be related with ABS/ESC module codes.. have dealer hook up GDS and do complete fault code search of all the modules to see where you are..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sbr711 thanks for the reply!!

Update: ABS and BRAKE light disappeared after I drove the car for few minutes. I also found out that AUDIO fuse was blown which is why my radio is not working. Currently only AIR BAG light ON.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Samething happened to me while driving.. car started shaking and lost steering, no a/c no back lights, no light on front display and no power on windows. All warning lights came on, air bag, engine, eps, etc....
Charged car but died few blocks away so i decided to change for new battery,, then mechanics said it was alternator so i bought a new one, tried it and nothing changed... I took it to autozone and oreilly and said alternator was good... Then they told me to put it back on and take the car to test alternator with motor running and it failed!!!. Then i bought a new one there tried it and nothing....same problem.. fuses seem ok.. no blown fuses.. but theres no electric current on several... Whats next.... Anyone know what can i do??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts