Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, got a problem with the Getz, the interior blowers and a/c only works intermitantly.
There is a bit of a pattern, basically when the car starts up (sometimes) the fans and a/c work, drive the vehicle for a while, come to a stop ie petrol station, switch the vehicle off (fuel up or whatever) start vehicle back up and the fans/blower and a/c doesnt work.
The blowers dont work on all settings and the a/c switch/button light doesnt come on. I have checked all fuses and all ok, checked relay in underbonnet fuse box and is fine.
Has anyone had this fault or could share some advice, possibly the blower motor on its way out?
Thanks in advance
Marco

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey everyone, got a problem with the Getz, the interior blowers and a/c only works intermitantly.
There is a bit of a pattern, basically when the car starts up (sometimes) the fans and a/c work, drive the vehicle for a while, come to a stop ie petrol station, switch the vehicle off (fuel up or whatever) start vehicle back up and the fans/blower and a/c doesnt work.
The blowers dont work on all settings and the a/c switch/button light doesnt come on. I have checked all fuses and all ok, checked relay in underbonnet fuse box and is fine.
Has anyone had this fault or could share some advice, possibly the blower motor on its way out?
Thanks in advance
Marco
Might be a wiring issue between the speed controler and the blower.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at that first diagram, the thing that would make the a/c and blowers both stop would be the blower relay? Or am I wrong?

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
Any help from this forum before I take the car to a garage and have to spend stupid amount of money?
It seems you already got advice and diagrams but you have not even said what you tried so far to fix the problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It seems you already got advice and diagrams but you have not even said what you tried so far to fix the problem.
Sorry, I have checked all fuses with multi meter, swapped relays with the horn relay to see if any luck but nothing. Removed resistor, that seemed ok( of it was resistor blower would still work on num4). I'm debating weather it's the motor or the actual control/switch pack in the centre console? Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts