Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently there has been something rattling inside of the blower underneath the glove compartment. I took the blower out and didn't see anything in there that would cause the rattle. I spun it around in my hand and couldn't replicate the noise. I put the blower back in and it still does the same thing. The rattle gets louder as the fan speed increased and vice versa. I'm not sure what would cause this rattle. Has anyone else experienced this?

08 GLS

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,099 Posts
Maybe one of the balance weights has fallen off.

There are usually a couple of little metal clips attached to the fan blades to balance the fan. If the fan is out of balance it can come into contact with the housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took it out again and the weights are still in place. I figured out that something inside the housing clicks when it comes a revolution. Not sure what it is but it's nothing on the exterior part of the fan. I don't know if it's even possible to take it apart and see.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
It might be some kind of debris, such as a leaf. You do have the cabin air filter replaced every year, two at the most, don't you?

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
It might be some kind of debris, such as a leaf. You do have the cabin air filter replaced every year, two at the most, don't you?

I had a leaf in mine that drive me crazy till I took it apart and found the leaf. Real pain in the rear to get the housing out as it hits the slope of the footwell as you try and pull it off.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I have the filter replaced. There is no debris on the blower itself. It is coming from inside the housing and as far as I can tell there is not really a way to take it apart. I would be very surprised if there was some debris inside the black part of the blower itself.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Can you pull the fan and motor and power it with 12 volts just to see if something obvious shows itself?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts