Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Got a 2008 Hyundai Accent. Yesterday, the blower motor just stopped working. I had just started it up, the heater came on for about five seconds. There was no noise, no funny smell, nobody had done anything to it. It just stopped. I checked the ac fuse and it looked fine. I looked in the fuse box under the hood, and I'd like to check the fusible link for the blower motor to see if it has a problem. Is this something I could do and how? Also is there anything else I can do to diagnose the cause of the problem? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
DVOM and test actual voltage at HVAC fan motor connector ??

Source voltage and ground ??

Turn fan on, THUMP fan body and see if it take off running ? Replace fan motor..

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It is safe to run off battery direct for a simple test. Let's elimate the motor first then take a look at the blower motor resistor and then switch. Could be a bad ground. I guess I'll have to do a detailed video on the complete testing of the heater, defrost and circulation system including the blower motor circuit. This is covered in extreme detail in the DTC section of the service tech manual. Problem is it cost 20 bucks for 7 days or 300 dollars for 1 year access. Trucking all week home on weekends. I'll try to pull out the HD recorder and cover this

1 - 3 of 3 Posts