Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:unsure: Ok so my local Hyundai dealer in Australia wants $254 AUD :eek: for a new blower motor assy (OEM part number 97230-3A110). I found a TYC-Genera manufactured equivalent on Ebay here for about $40 USD :) :-
FIT FOR Hyundai Santa FE 2001 2006 Sonata 2002 2005 AC Heater Blower Motor | eBay

It looks correct and TYC-Genera actually make OEM parts for Suzuki so must be competent manufacturers.
Has anyone actually fitted one of these TYC-Genera replacement blowers? Works ok?
Other query I have is that the Ebay part reference is 97230-3A010 not 97230-3A110? I wondered if this was a North American versus Australian part numbering difference or Hyundai changed the number :confused: or something more sinister like different voltage range :(
Any help always appreciated.

·
22,793 Posts
Maybe your blower motor runs the other way around, like those whirlpools in your bathtubs down under, mate. {I'm kidding} ;) Seriously, I can't imagine the voltage range being any different. OEM's may be sinister at times, but not sure they've reached that point, YET!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe your blower motor runs the other way around, like those whirlpools in your bathtubs down under, mate. {I'm kidding} ;) Seriously, I can't imagine the voltage range being any different. OEM's may be sinister at times, but not sure they've reached that point, YET!
Love it Okie ! :clap: and hello to my US friends. Not sure about the water going down the plug hole - pretty sure it goes clockwise? :confused: Is there a Mythbusters episode on that one?

·
22,793 Posts
Love it Okie ! :clap: and hello to my US friends. Not sure about the water going down the plug hole - pretty sure it goes clockwise? :confused: Is there a Mythbusters episode on that one?
Rob, I believe that theory has about as many points/counter points/theories as there are vowels in this post. If you can prove or disprove it, indisputably, then "Good on ya, mate!" I'd like to know the correct answer before I die. Maybe we should send an email to Stephen Hawking?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts