Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that the blower fan speed will change for each downshift. This is most noticable on the max setting. I've never noticed this on any other vehicle. A slight slow down at idle I expect but not when decellerating and upshifting

Anyone else notice this or is there something going on with the electrical?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Any word on this?

The reason I ask is that I've noticed with this particularly hot weather that the Recirc button will oscillate on and off depending on my speed when it's hot, giving the appearance of a fan motor speed change, when in fact there's not. I attribute this to the increased and decreased flow of hot, outside air into the cooling box when it's really hot outside. There's a thermometer located in the heater/cooling core box below the dash that sends the signal to make the adjustment.

To test the theory, manually push the Recirc button and see if you still get the problem. If not, it's just cycling between outside and inside air.

It's a thought...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I printed out that PDF and it exactly described what it's doing. Even the dimming headlights on decellerating upshifts. It'll be Friday before I can get it to the dealer and have them check it. I checked the primary battery cables and they were within limits. So must be some other connection.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update:

Took it up to the dealership today, showed him the TSB.

Said yep, that doesn't work. Hyundai knows about it, doesn't know why it's happening or how to fix it. And it's not just Santa Fe's it's happening on.

I have an appt next week to get the roll out door locks turned on and that low rumble at idle checked, maybe he will actually do what he said he'd do, and see if there's any new info on it. Very annoying.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So... I went last week for this.

Said they couldn't find the TSB for my vin (and I didn't bring the print out this time), if I could bring it back with the print out they'd take a look.

So, I bring it back today (3rd time!), with the print out.
After waiting about half an hour, they call me back up..

"Even though this tsb isn't for your vin, we'll check it out, but you will have to bring it back and leave it until we can get to it"

Um, wth did I make an appointment for then?

Btw, the TSB says "All Models", which is why it doesn't show up under my vin, but they are acting as though they are doing me a favor.

So now, I'll have to make a FOURTH trip and leave the vehicle for an indeterminate amount of time if I want to get this fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts