Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
After six months of i10 ownership, I have only just noticed that the blower fan emits a loud 'click' from behind the driver side dash when switched to the 'OFF' position from any other setting, is this normal or am I just paranoid ?
I'm pretty sure it hasn't made any noise before although I must admit the blower is usually set at position 1 on a permanent basis.

Jez.

·
Registered
158 Posts
QUOTE (Jezza6406 @ Apr 25 2010, 09:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316716
Hi All,
After six months of i10 ownership, I have only just noticed that the blower fan emits a loud 'click' from behind the driver side dash when switched to the 'OFF' position from any other setting, is this normal or am I just paranoid ?
I'm pretty sure it hasn't made any noise before although I must admit the blower is usually set at position 1 on a permanent basis.

Jez.
Its the relay.

The fan is behind the glove compartment and the relays are to the right and below the steering wheel.

I'll swap you your click for my whine, bang, whoosing noise , rattle and general chavy build of my i10 :(

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Noddy,
Thanks for the reply, sorry to hear you've been lumped with a duff i10, hope you can get these issues sorted soon.
To clarify, are you saying I have a faulty relay which needs replacing, albeit only a minor problem in the scheme of things.

Jez.

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE (Martint123 @ Apr 27 2010, 01:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317231
Which relay clicks about 3 to 4 seconds after switching off

Just curious
The first one you hear after about 5 seconds is the 'integrated circuit module relay box. It is located under the dashboard in front of the driver, and is connected to various other electrical systems in the car.
The second, which operates after about 15 seconds is the relay connected to the electric window winder motors. You may have noticed, there is a 15 second delay between switching off the engine, and then being unable to operate the windows.

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Pogle @ Apr 30 2010, 05:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318221
Try this........ Ignition off, 15 sec delay for window closure UNLESS ign. key is removed then no can do on the windows! This worked on my Comfort and also now on my Style.
Nope.... Ign on - windows ok, turn ign off (leave key in) windows stop immediately. 59 reg classic.

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (Martint123 @ Apr 30 2010, 04:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318303
Nope.... Ign on - windows ok, turn ign off (leave key in) windows stop immediately. 59 reg classic.
Yep the Classic is instant and the Comfort has a delay (presume the Style does too). The electrics on the Comfort have some very good features when compared to the Classic. (inc Remote central locking, alarm (inc bonnet), intermittent wipe, front spots, electric mirrors, all 4 windows electric, drivers window has two position switch, seat belt chime, central locking relocks if triggered on remote but doors not opened and probably more)

·
Registered
80 Posts
QUOTE (shedloads @ May 1 2010, 10:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=318456
Yep the Classic is instant and the Comfort has a delay (presume the Style does too). The electrics on the Comfort have some very good features when compared to the Classic. (inc Remote central locking, alarm (inc bonnet), intermittent wipe, front spots, electric mirrors, all 4 windows electric, drivers window has two position switch, seat belt chime, central locking relocks if triggered on remote but doors not opened and probably more)

Totally agree, and at that time the comfort was only £500 more than the classic on scrappage, then it the difference went up to around £700 between the two, but i still think that’s worth every penny, not to forget things like different (better) interior seat trim, alloy wheels, drivers height adjustment, and probable a few other things. Oh yes cant forget the under seat passenger tray too! It would not be unreasonable for the difference to be £1500

1 - 15 of 15 Posts