Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own 2012 Accent 1.6. is this a BOV? if so can it be replaced with a turbo BOV that makes a sound like "Tsss"!?

if its possible then please provide me with links where to buy these kinda BOV cause im not able to find one that fits my car.

thanks in advance :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think you need pressurized air to dump in order to make the sound, and our naturally aspirated engines just don't have it. I think you need pressurized air just to open the valve as well. You need a pressure differential, from one side of the valve to the other, which won't exist absent a turbo or supercharger. So even though I'm not a mechanic I am feeling pretty confident in saying No it won't work. It could be that I am just revealing my ignorance of how all this stuff works, but I feel pretty safe.

There is a turbo version of our engine, as used in the Veloster turbo, but you'd need to source one from a wrecking yard. The plumbing on that could probably be modified to make all the cool sounds.

If anyone knows different I'm ready to learn - although I'm not interested in making my engine hiss or toot.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
we used to call this rice. is that term still used? but a blowoff is nothing compared to a dump tube. that sucker is LOUD. when i had the vr4 with a bunch of other vr4 owners, a couple had dump tubes. i swear, when the dump tube opened up, people would soil themselves.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had one pretty loud BOV on my 2003 elantra GT-T, scared some old ladies that were taking a walk when I shift into second gear. I felt sorry for them as it was not my intent to scare people with it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
There is a guy around here who actually swapped a Veloster turbo 1.6 gdi engine into his Accent. From what I recall he said it was fairly straightforward - although I'm sure it took many, many hours of labor to accomplish. I'd do it myself except for the fact that I haven't the money, or any of the expertise or the time it would take.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Since i’ve done some body modifications on my car i thought it would be nice to add a BOV i dont really care much about the performance but i do really love my car. My friend owns a turbo genesis and he’s seen my engine and told me there might be a turbo in my car cause it has ECO. But i dont really know what does ECO mode has to do with the turbo! Anyway, thanks for everyone who tried to help and hopefully someone with experience checks my thread and take it more serious ?. Heres some pics of my car theres more work been done on it already and some more work will be done soon...

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
There is a guy around here who actually swapped a Veloster turbo 1.6 gdi engine into his Accent. From what I recall he said it was fairly straightforward - although I'm sure it took many, many hours of labor to accomplish. I'd do it myself except for the fact that I haven't the money, or any of the expertise or the time it would take.
That's me. Swap is easy if you are mechanically inclined and acquire all the parts. Can probably be completed in a weekend.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What are the parts exaclty ?

Engine with turbo, BOV, intercooler and piping
ECU and all the wires
Intake and exhaust ?

Am I missing something for a basic transplant ?

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
This thread boggles the mind.

ECO has nothing to do with turbo......

·
Registered
6 Posts
I can't find where the blow off valve is on my hyundai elantra sedan 2015

can anyone help out where I can locate it and replace a turbo one that makes the tsssss.. noise

1 - 20 of 27 Posts