Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search and didn't come up with anything.

Does anyone have a block heater installed? As I recently moved from a temperate climate to very very cold one, I am thinking of getting a block heater.

Does anyone have recommendations on which one to install?
Or does a recirculating block heater work better?

·
Registered
16 Posts
In the UK there is a company which has been in exsistance for many years who specialize in engine pre heaters try this link for more info: KENLOWE I have in the past used their electric engine cooling fans before manufacturers fitted them as standard equipment and found the kit to be well made and easy to fit. I have no experience of the pre heater myself but know of friends who have fitted and used them and appear to be happy with the performance of the pre heater. Have a look at the web site there is a link on the site for further enquiries if you need it.

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
NEVL666:

As I recently moved from a temperate climate to very very cold one
604alpha:

as far as getting a block heater installed, the ones that are in the engine block itself are your best bet. they're just not the easiest to install. freeze plug has to be knocked out and the location isn't usually fun to deal with.

there's other options though. there's the magnet ones that attach to the bottom of the oil pan. as you can guess, they don't do a **** of a lot but still better than nothing. here's what i did on my old accent:

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/183-lc-2000-2005-accent/198769-my-block-heater-setup.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts