Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

Just wondering if anyone has installed the cartridge type block heater themselves (2013 Accent 5 door)? Where is the port located and what do I need to remove to get to it? Is there a screw covering the port, or is it just an open hole? Looking at the one for $99.95 on the Hyundai website (Canada). There's a thread showcasing how to wire the cable, but doesn't describe where the block heater plugs into.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read through that thread and the person discusses how the wire is routed but not the installation procedure. Looking for someone who has installed it themselves and could provide some insight to the procedure. I might put the car up on blocks and see if I can see anything from underneath.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey!

Just wondering if anyone has installed the cartridge type block heater themselves (2013 Accent 5 door)? Where is the port located and what do I need to remove to get to it? Is there a screw covering the port, or is it just an open hole? Looking at the one for $99.95 on the Hyundai website (Canada). There's a thread showcasing how to wire the cable, but doesn't describe where the block heater plugs into.

Thanks!

Your car never came with a block heater?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No. I bought it from a dealer, who bought it from a car rental agency. He said that because it was a fleet vehicle they didn't have block heaters. I wish he was more upfront about it not having a heater, as I would have purchased another vehicle. Buyer beware I suppose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a used vehicle. Just under 20,000 km. I'm going to take a look under the vehicle and see if there is a port anywhere within reach.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been looking FOREVER to find out how to put in the block heater on a 2013 Hyundai Accent. I almost gave up, then started searching for other similar vehicles, including Kia. I found this video that may be what we are all looking for: "90 second guide to kia forte block heater install.". The engine is not the same (it is 2.0L or something, not the 1.6L of the Accent or Rio), but also uses the cartridge style heater and I suspect the location will be similar. I will give it a try next chance I get.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Here's a video. Hope your Francais is better than mine. Basically the hole is at the back of the block, low down on driver's side. I can put my finger on it, but reaching in there with the "chauffer" to plug it in will require removing battery at least, as you can see here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Some times when you can almost feel some point in the car but can not see it, use your mobile to take a picture of that object. This is how I located the heater cartridge tunnel in my toyota aygo engine block. Never installed it though since the winters got much milder recently. Must be global warming.:)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I found a diagram that shows the port in hyundai 1.6 lit engine from Calix erb site. They are one of the two large engine and kupe heater sites here.
Capture+_2020-04-01-03-19-03.png

1 - 11 of 11 Posts