Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a block heater installed when I bought my Kona, and I'm having a hard time finding it. I know I need an extension cord (which I have!) but for the life of me I can't find the block heater. I found a video online (with a different car model) but I couldn't find any plug under the hood of the car. Any help (especially pictures) would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Have you checked for the line near your battery as in this video?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I only figured it out when I called the dealership. Apparently access to the block heater isn't under the hood. There's a little panel near the front bumper that you pop open and stick the plug in there. Interesting that this information can't be found anywhere online or in the manual (I guess because it's an optional feature?).

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Can you post a picture of where it is?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a block heater installed when I bought my Kona, and I'm having a hard time finding it. I know I need an extension cord (which I have!) but for the life of me I can't find the block heater. I found a video online (with a different car model) but I couldn't find any plug under the hood of the car. Any help (especially pictures) would be appreciated.
Thesula, block heaters are usually installed on the bottom of the engine block, so you have to look from underneath and find what looks like a plugin. It's not very big and looks like the male end of an electrical cord, but may have a cap of some kind on it. An honest mechanic might/should do that for you for free. You could also google a parts schematic for your car and that will show you will it goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts