Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in northern Canada, and a block heater is a must for me. Though I'm being told over and over that Hyundai hasn't built a block heater for my car 2020 Hyundai sonata ultimate. So I thought I'd buy the next best option a circulating heater for the coolant. attaches to the coolant lines. Is my dealership lying to me, or should I get them to install the circulating heater?

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
if you got the room, i would install a circulating heater that has a pump. that way, the pump will heat up the entire cooling system, including the heater core. when you start the car, it will warm up very quickly, and you will have cabin heat. bmw had a really neat system called latent heat in e38 and 39 cars. i think it used eutechtic salts, and the engine heat would be absorbed, turning the salts to a liquid. then, when cold, the liquid would change back to a salt, releasing heat. supposedly, after 2 weeks in 0 deg, within seconds, there would be 80 deg cabin heat. i had a heater that went on the lower radiator hose, but did not have a pump. it would heat up the radiator and the block

1 - 3 of 3 Posts